Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 19, 2017
It is definitely a good book for couples and it has improved my relationship with my wife. If nothing else it shows you what things your partner is really looking for out of their spouse. I quickly found that my love language was "Acts of Service". Though it might not be sexy or macho to say that, it means more to me to have the dishes and laundry done when I come home after work or have minor home improvements taken care of before I get home. My wife and I have 2 small children and our house is hard to stay clean because every room feels like a mess. We do clean it all the time but it feels like a losing battle. My wife's love language is "Words of Affirmation". As you can tell from all these Amazon reviews I am much more of a writer than I am a talker. My wife is always looking for me to say how much I love and appreciate her because I don't say it often enough.

A big part of improving your relationship with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is to sticking with a date night to make sure you have quality time together. Especially if you have children or a high stress occupation. My wife and I have been together for 10 years and got stuck in the rut of an endless routine of doing everything we could for our kids, followed by daily chores and left little time for ourselves. Committing to 1 date night a week has really helped our relationship and improved our communication.

I recommend the book for sure and found it inspiring and worth reading. All couples can benefit from reading this book. The only downside is I wish it could have been a little longer. The stories from the author are interesting and I would have liked to have heard a bunch of his other examples of couples that he has dealt with. It was a short book and my wife and I finished it in 4 or 5 days and that was reading it slowly. The price is easily affordable. I found it best to photo copy the test quiz at the end instead of writing in the book so we can give the book to any family or friends who are struggling with their relationship.
55 comments| 330 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2017
We have been reading this every night as a married couple who struggled with our relationship after having a baby. Has been great! We look forward to reading every night! We love to discuss what we learned and the questions at the end of the chapter
on October 27, 2017
Very good book. I'm always open to reading anything to keep up the wonderful relationship I have. It makes you open your eyes to some things, you start to think differently. Good read!
on February 21, 2017
great read
on November 8, 2017
It seems silly to not have realized that love comes in a variety of languages, and knowing what language you speak as well as the language of your partner is essential for any lasting relationship. I highly recommend reading this book.
on April 3, 2017
I am in the midst of trying to repair a broken relationship and this book has been very helpful. It was recommended to me by a friend.
on November 3, 2017
One of the top 3 books I have read. I’ll be honest, when I first hear of this book I mocked it. That was a huge mistake as it has been the best self help book I have ever read. I am trying to apply it as a one way street. I don’t mind as I love my husband and he is worth it to me.
on October 20, 2017
This book was reccomended by a friend for my husband and myself when we first started dating. It's a quick read and honestly, we skipped the sections that didn't really apply to us. It helped us to understand each other better and I reccomend that every couple at least find out what love languages they are!
on July 3, 2017
This book has been a good read. It has tailored my show of affection via how it will affect my husband the most and vise versa.
on July 10, 2017
In my humble opinion Gary Chapman has unlocked the holy grail of relationship communication! I recommend his books to everyone.