Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Lansky Standard Coarse Sharpening System with Fine Hones
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made in: USA
- Category name: sharpeners
- Made in USA or imported
- Kit includes : knife clamp; 3 sharpening hones (coarse; med; fine); guide rods; oil
- For straight-edge knives
- 1 year - materials & workmanship
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Select your angle
The Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System allows the user to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife's intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are listed below:
17° Angle - A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20° Angle - A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
25° Angle - The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30° Angle - An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Best for heavy duty use.
The Lansky Standard 3-stone Controlled-Angle Sharpening System features:
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning.
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups.
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp.
- Honing Oil: Specially Formulated for sharpening.
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely.
- Guide Rods: One for every hone.
All Lansky knife sharpening systems also include:
* Extra long knife clamp screws for thicker blades.
* Storage/carrying case to hold all system components.
* Complete easy-to-follow multi-lingual instructions.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Global Village Brands||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Includes coarse, medium and fine hones. Each sharpening system comes with precision multi-angle, flip-over knife clamp, sharpening hones on color coded finger grooved safety holders, one guide rod for each Stone, specially formulated honing oil and extra long knife clamp screws. Custom molded storage/carrying case. Includes easy to follow instructions.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerIn no event, regardless of cause, shall BargainsandBuyouts be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind, whether arising under breach of contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether based on this agreement or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, I've been able to sharpen many kinds of steel with this Lansky: Aus8, 154CM, VG-10, etc.
The other good thing about the Lansky is that it's a modular system, so you can buy additional hones to match your needs. For instance, I bought an Ultra fine sharpening hone that actually allowed me to put a fine edge on the blade. Just with the three ones provided you can't get a fine edge. The tool box even has room for two extra hones, so when you get them you can just put them in and they fit.
So the Lansky works well, but it has a few downsides:
- you can only sharpen small blades with this tool. You could technically sharpen bigger ones but it would be such a pain that it would be basically not doable. When I say small I don't mean just the length, but also how large a blade is.
- One of the screws used to tighten the knife holding tool gets in the way when trying to do finer angles. It's the screw without the red cap. Some people fixed this by replacing the screw with one with a hex head, but this is clearly a design flaw.
- the knife holding tool doesn't have anything to secure it to, say a table or a bench. So, it's not overly comfortable to use.
I still feel like those flaws don't detract too much from the functionality of the sharpening tool, and the Hines are pretty good quality, so ultimately, I'm not unhappy about this sharpener and I'm able to sharpen all my small folding and ECD knives.
If you found my review helpful, please click yes below, I would really appreciate it!
Update 1.12.18. I sent the defective stone to lanskey and recieved a new stone. It took three weeks in between sending and receiving. I'm definitly not satisfied that I had to go through so much effort for a 22 dollar sharpening system.
Constructive Criticism: Dear Lanksy, please just send your customers the new, fixed product once they provide sufficent evidence of a factory defect. Don't make your customers jump through so many hoops to fix a mistake that wasn't their fault.