- File Size: 430 KB
- Print Length: 676 pages
- Publication Date: August 30, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0094KY878
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#505,372 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #247 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Democracy
- #1775 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Democracy
- #2004 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
The Lanterns: Liberty's Beacons on Freedom's Path Kindle Edition
|Length: 676 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First off, this isn't a traditional book in the sense of "The Constitution of Liberty" or "Ameritopia", but rather a quasi-academic reference that walks among some of the key pillars, the key ideas and institutions, which underpin Western civilization.
In other words, it's not really something to be read from start to finish and then cast aside, but rather a work that needs to be kept handy and referenced from time to time when one is curious about the serious arguments that differentiate those who consider themselves "conservative" and those who proclaim themselves to be "liberal".
(Interestingly, "The Lanterns" points out that the opposite of "liberal" is not conservative, but rather "authoritarian" and that the opposite of "democratic processes" is not Republicanism, but rather "totalitarianism".)
"The Lanterns" covers a lot of ground at a fairly high level and it definitely helps cut through the fog conjured up by self-proclaimed "progressives" and mass TV media clowns such as Van Jones, Cass Sunstein, Peter Orszag, Andrew Stern, Bill Ayers, Gyorgy Schwartz, Stephen Lerner, Fox-Piven, Bill Maher, and Keith Olbermann.
It's a great value for the money; a definite plus for all those under the sullen skies of Obamanomics.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is not for the shallow thinker. There's a lot of material here for deep thought and many simple phrases that really open your eyes.Published 19 months ago by June Cleaver
Looking forward to the paperback edition. I can't use the kindle edition. Reading on the computer causes too much eye strain.Published 22 months ago by Mary B.
One reviewer said "this book is not complicated." Well, guess what, governing a country with nearly 315 million citizens with different views and beliefs is complicated. Read morePublished on May 13, 2014 by Lisa
Freedom lovers rejoice in in this much needed, refreshing reminder of our responsibility to ourselves and our fellow man. Read morePublished on April 22, 2014 by green machine
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Conservatism & Liberalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Democracy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Democracy