|Screen Size||17 inches|
LapDome - Portable Sun Shade & Weather Protecting Carrying Case for Laptop / Tablet / Cell Phone
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This Super Lightweight "Collapsible" laptop computer carry case pops open to shade and protect your laptop, tablet and cell phone.
- It offers privacy, security, and protection from the elements, but most of all...computer screen visibility outdoors all of the time!
- Designed for cell phones, tablets and laptops up to 17 inches, has a back opening for cables, and a lockable front zipper door
- Included Stow bag is sized to fit in a standard padded laptop carry case (along with your laptop) for safe, long-distance transport
- When used as a "briefcase", LapDome secures your laptop inside using a velco strap, leaving plenty of room for chargers, cell phone, wallet, lunch, etc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
LapDome - The Outside Office
The LapDome is a Super Lightweight "Collapsible" Laptop Computer Carrying Case that pops open to shade and protect your laptop, tablet and cell phone.
LapDome offers privacy, security, and protection from the elements, but most of all... computer screen visibility outdoors all of the time!
LapDome is the only product on the market with an included "glare shield" that blocks the reflection seen on the screen in bright light conditions. No longer will you see your own reflection on the screen!
Also great for the astronomer who wants to eliminate the computer screen's brightness in nighttime conditions.
1. STOW MODE. LapDome folds into a tiny included stow bag to fit in any standard book bag or briefcase and is just 12x12x1 inches.
2. SLIM MODE. LapDome can collapse around your laptop using the exterior velco straps and can then be placed in a larger book bag or suitcase for safe, long-distance transport.
3. CARRY CASE MODE. LapDome secures your laptop inside using a velco strap leaving plenty of room for chargers, cell phones, wallets, lunch, beach towels etc. Use the included adjustable shoulder strap for easier transport.
LapDome is constructed of high quality, water-resistant UV material for years of use. (Please note LapDome is NOT waterproof.)
Seller Warranty Description90 day warranty on parts and labor
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, while it's very good at keeping the sun off of the laptop, it's also very good at preventing me from seeing the entire laptop in common situations. I'm currently using a 15" laptop with this which fits in the LapDome perfectly. The curvature of the opening cuts off the top left and right corners at best, and at worst it includes the top 1/4 of the screen as well.
I've tried a bunch of different ways to mitigate this. Setting it on a table is the best option which only cuts off the corners. In my lap on a folding chair the front edges of the LapDome droop down a bit which pulls the opening down to cover the top of the screen. It gets a bit better when sitting in a poolside lounger with the lower viewing angle. Even so, I am constantly having to hunch down to see the corners of the screen.
I think if there was an optional rigid base that prevented the bottom of the LapDome from drooping, that would be a huge benefit. As it is, it's really difficult to use it for its intended purpose due to the hunching, bobbing, and weaving that's necessary to see everything. Setting the laptop up high (near shoulder or eye level) would mitigate the screen cut off, but makes it really difficult to type for long periods of time.
If you need to keep the sun off your laptop while you are doing something else and only using the laptop occasionally, the LapDome is probably going to be just fine for you. If you need to have your hands on the keyboard constantly and want to use all of your screen real estate it's going to get really frustrating. Is that frustration an acceptable price to pay for being able to work outside without glare? I'm thinking about it.
One thing that I wished was a little better was the two flexible supports. I think I understand why but, they had to be deliberately put into the corners and several times the movement caused them to come out. No biggie but staying put would be nice. It was also a little difficult folding it back into it's carrying case.
The opening did cover the corners of my screen but a change in my perspective solved that. Would be nice to redesign the opening to solve that small problem.
Other than those thoughts, it was great!
I would recommend noting the angle of the sun as it can shine in on your computer and over heat it.
I would be comfortable recommending this computer tent for outdoor shading.
My cat crawls in there and thinks it's her new bed. So be it.