Workplace Solutions Best of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Fire Tablets Kindle Paperwhite Prince Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 11-20 of 616 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 14, 2012
As others have noted, this is very flimsy. I am using it to cool stereo equipment, by placing it under a Roku box and another similar box (approximately 6x6x2 and light weight), even so the pad sags in the middle, so I need to prop it up in the center. The back of the pad is approximately 1/2 inch higher than the front, so it is not level and would not work well under a larger component. The fans blow up and move a decent amount of air with minimal noise. My devices stay much cooler. The lights are very annoying for my use and I wish there were some way to easily turn them off of disconnect them, but the lights are wired right into the fan circuitry and I don't see any way to disable them.

[Update] The lights are fairly easy to disconnect. You need to remove a few screws to take out each fan, then you can reach in with a small pair of wire cutters and simply clip either of the two lead wires that attach the LED.

I bought two of these. Both failed within six months (much shorter than other laptop fans I have owned). They became very noisy before failing. I have reduce my original rating of four stars down to three because of this.
on October 14, 2012
First of all, let me say that I just wanted a cheap cooler for my laptop that I have on the coffee table in my living room. I don't want it on my lap so I don't have a deal with the fans being open/exposed on the underside. Considering how I use it, it's not flimsy as I have it on a level glass top surface. The led lights are really cool at night too. A final cool part is that I knew it was powered by usb port but an added bonus is that the usb port on this unit wont take away from the # of usb ports you have as it has a female connector on the other side of where it plugs in so you won't "lose" a usb port by having this plugged in! I'm off to buy another one for the laptop in my study right now.
on January 5, 2012
Honestly, after reading the negative reviews on this product I was reluctant to purchase the laptop cooler. After following my initial intuition before reading the reviews I purchased this cooler any how, and I must say you get a bang for your buck. I know a major problem with the cooler is the fan on the bottom is exposed and can only be used on a desk or other flat surfaces, however to alleviate this issue you can set a textbook under the cooler and sit it on your lap hassle free. And I have a macbook, which almost always overheats and since my purchase, my computer has been as cold as an ice cube=) Also I must say this product ships very fast!!!!!!!!!!
on August 2, 2014
Basically, what you see is what you get. Or rather, what you see is less than what you get. It looks fine here and in the other photos posted of this fan, however, it didn't work even a little bit. Prior to using this fan, I was using a regular table top fan to blow cool air on my laptop. It was working just fine for me, but I wanted a cheap little fan for the computer to do the same thing. I plugged it in, and not even a half an hour after I started using it, my computer was hot. Not warm, hot. To make matters worse, the plug constantly gets stuck in the fan blades, stopping it from working altogether, and one fan even just randomly stopped. Plus, I tried to adjust my computer on it to see if that was part of the problem, and the blade cut my finger. It's strong enough to break your skin, but not enough to keep the computer cool. It's cheap, so if you want to waste 8 bucks, go for it. I personally was going to send it in for a refund, but after the fees for shipping were said and done, I'd be refunded a dollar. So my advice, splurge a little on a computer fan, because it's definitely worth it.
on August 31, 2013
I bough this because I needed to quickly get a fan to cool my laptop; the temperature was in the hundreds, dry and dusty and my laptop was getting very hot routinely. I needed to get one fast but didn't want to spend a lot of money on one that I didn't research first and I didn't have time to do that so I bought this one.

This is so low priced that I figured that even a low quality fan would work for a while until I bought a better on. I didn't mind that it was plastic and many people said that they were disappointed because it had to stay on a desk because I didn't plan on carrying it around with me. However, I expected that at least the fan blades would be metal. They are not, they are very thin plastic. I feel as if I have to be very careful so they don't break.

Overall, for me this isn't worth even the small amount of money I paid for it. It simply doesn't work well. It cools off the bottom of the computer a bit but not as much as I would like and I'm not even running any extensive programs or games. It has stopped working a few times, I moved the usb cable around and it started up again. Also, it makes noise most of the time. Nothing obstructs the blades, they just are loud.

***Updated 9/10/2013-After one month this product has died. It went from working somewhat, sometimes to not at all.
on May 23, 2011
Because of it's low price, I thought I would give this a try. A couple of things for you to consider...

- Very flimsy plastic; and the fan blades are exposed.
- When running, the fan has these really bright blue LED lights. May not be an issue for anybody else, but when I'm sitting in bed doing some work, my wife really doesn't appreciate the blinding blue lights shinning in her face!
- The fans actually blow INTO the laptop. It seems to me that this is actually counter-productive since the laptop's fans blow outward. I'm not sure I understand the logic behind why it is designed like that. If I turn it over, I can actually get a little cooler laptop temp, however that position does not give the laptop any "breathing room", so it still heats up over time.
I'm going to go ahead and pick up another, more expensive cooler.
on June 14, 2011
This little piece of junk cooler gets the job done better than my $20 cooler. I have to admit that it is very flimsy, but for the price and the cooling capabilities, I cannot complain. This product has been on 24/7 for a whole week and it runs smoothly and perfectly on my desk. No more over heating problems for the laptop. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who uses their laptop on anything other than a flat surface. I bought a second one just to take out the fans and connect it to my router to cool and illuminate it. You get what you pay for and this is definitely more than what I paid for. I don't understand how these people can make money when the shipping seems to cost more than the product itself.
on May 10, 2012
My CPU was constantly over heating. I went online to trouble shoot the issue, and ran into a person who really pushed the cooler fan. Excited, I immediately went on Amazon to find it. It is the best thing ever!
on August 2, 2012
When I saw a cooler pad that's this cheap, I had to wonder if it was even going to work-and from all the reviews, I was a bit scared at first.

While some of the reviews are correct (the plastic is indeed thin, the quality is so-so), it's not as bad as they make it out to be. It does it's job as a cooling pad, and if you're willing to deal with some not-so-great craftsmanship, you'll be satisfied with this cooling pad at this price.

==The Cons==
-The plastic is thin, but it's not as thin as the plastic on the side of a water bottle as one reviewer put it. It'll break if you try to break it. Otherwise, it should be fine.

-It's a pretty small cooling pad, but any size laptop should be able to fit on top-you just have to make sure to position it correctly.

-The assembly is a bit shoddy, so you have to be careful if you're putting this cooling pad into your luggage case or a bag.

==The Pro's==
-It works.

-It's cheap.

-The USB is also a male to female connector, so it doesn't take up a USB slot.

==Conclusion==
It's a really simple cooling pad. There's 3 fans powered by a single USB. Each of the fans are screwed on by 4 screws. One of my fans fell off after around 6 months of use, but the great thing about such a simple build is that you can just fix it yourself. I managed to duct tape the fan back, and now it works again. There's also some blue lights that everyone seem to be impressed with, but I'm not impressed by them. What I AM impressed with is the durability. It's almost been a year and the fans are still going strong. The blue lights however are not. One of them stopped working, and another is just flashing on and off. Whatever.

It's cheap, and it works. That's all I have to say.

==UPDATE 12/10/2012==
After one full year, this baby is still kicking. Only one LED light is remaining, but that's okay. Fans are still working. My laptop's starting to get old, and heating up a lot more now, and it's made me appreciate this fan even more-it cools it down by ~5 degrees F. which isn't the best, but it's pretty significant.
on January 19, 2015
You get what you pay for here, it was too good to be true. The lights were cool but that was about it. The fans die out easily or break so I went from having three fans to one and that didn't quite keep my laptop as cool as I had hoped it would. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more on something that will last longer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.