About the Product
- New Lara Croft adventure: Guardian of Light is the first downloadable only title from Crystal Dynamics, and the first downloadable only Lara Croft game.
- Classic gameplay: Enjoy a classic formula of puzzles, combat, exploration, and breathtaking visuals put through the lens of an isometric fast-paced gaming experience.
- Exploration and discovery: Use a wide range of options for solving puzzles and traversing deadly environmental traps, offering an unprecedented level of freedom to choose your own solutions and explore various paths through the dense jungles
- Sprawling environments: Crystal Dynamics' proprietary engine delivers sprawling environments with no load-times and unbelievable vertical gameplay through tombs reaching deep into the Earth.
- Co-op action: Guardian of Light is the first ever co-op multiplayer action/adventure game featuring Lara Croft with fully cooperative online and offline story mode.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Supported OS:||Windows XP,Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows|
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
|Video Card:||none specified|
Top Customer Reviews
First being the controls, if you don't prefer using the keyboard and mouse (or are not particularly savvy with them) use a controller. I learned that controlling Lara with the keyboard and mouse takes some getting use to.
Second, the voice acting for some of the characters seems kind of cheesy at times and turns the game away from being a serious mythological and adventurous isometric dungeon crawler to a bit of a child like atmosphere and can distract from the enjoyment of the game.Read more ›
+ Fantastic graphics.
+ Fun and challenging puzzles.
+ Excellent co-op play.
+ Great soundtrack.
+ Optional tombs are always a welcome addition to solve and explore.
+ Non-linear gameplay.
Cons <Contains SPOILERS>
- Keyboard controls can be very awkward and troublesome, especially with regards to jumping, tumbling and moving objects.
- Optional tombs can only be solved in co-op.
- Camera can sometimes zoom out too far causing your characters to become almost miniscule on the screen. You can also accidentally drag the other play to their death by being too far apart on the screen.
- Some puzzles can trap players if they're done out of order or in an unorthodox way causing one player to be stuck. The only way to get around this is for both of the characters to die and restart at the last checkpoint.
- Totec's Spear of Light made the final boss fight much too easy.
- Uses Steam (May or may not be a Con to some)
- Gems are often very difficult to see and all items have a 1-2 second delay when picking them up. This constantly leaves you wondering, "Did I get the item or not?Read more ›
In fact, if you have a joypad with great analog sensitivity, this game's an absolute blast at sub $10 purchase. I'm using my PS3 Dualshock via MotionJoy [hint hint], and the XBox 360 controller perfectly integrates with this game, giving it a console feeling.
The co-op is highly recommended, either local or online. Co-op gameplay [mildly] changes the difficulty, but substantially changes the puzzle solutions, means of escaping traps, and of course more enemies, which makes things refreshing between single campaign and co-op campaign. True co-operation is required to get things done.
I'm in Oklahoma, and I play with my friend in Florida, and gameplay is smooth, depending on your connection. In case of a rare disconnection in the midst of gameplay, fear not. The game has checkpoints which you won't have to fret about completing that previous crazy puzzle/trap/encounter again. Steam would be the medium for online gameplay. Aside from online gameplay, I highly recommend activating the game on Steam to gain access to other DLC content, which will cost a few more bones. Honestly, at discounts Amazon is handing out, what's a few more bones, eh?
The gameplay is smooth and well paced, with a mix of typical Tomb Raider puzzles and action. In fact, with a decent graphics card (I'm using GTS250, and my friend's a RD4650), it's a very fluid game.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
it didnt play. i installed it and uninstall it. its through steam. if i can only get this review to submit without adding any star i wouldnt add any at allPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a fun game, but even better if you have someone to play it with on Coop. Me and my wife have had some great adventures with this. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Guitarskoota
Great game. Very well made, and the online co-op was perfectly implemented.Published 12 months ago by Justin Ploof
Poor graphics and game play. Very primitive. Big disappointment. Of course the
no return policy for software is a problem.
TR just gets better and better. This format is a little different from previous TR games, but it is very enjoyable and worth the modest cost. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Dennis G. Amorose
Played this game entirely with my wife, couch coop. We both loved it.Published 17 months ago by Erik