Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 1, 2012
This is the first product review I've ever written, but I just had to say that this is a fantastic product. I've used it every day since last December (over 4 months) and am so happy with my purchase!

This mat is made of all-natural rubber: No exposing my toddler to the toxic chemicals found in some mats.

It's 3-feet long: We have an older bathtub (i.e. small) and it covers most of the tub. I think it would still cover over half of a "regular" sized tube.

It's sturdy: Because it's made of rubber, it feels more substantial than plastic bathtub mats. I can't imagine what it would take to ruin this mat!

It stays clean: We live in a tropical area and our bathroom is always humid, but I have yet to have an issue with mildew with this mat (as opposed to others that get icky within days). The packaging notes that, if needed, you could put it in the washing machine.

And most importantly, it REALLY sticks!: It's lined with suction cups on the bottom and it really stays put. (Every "dot" you see in the photo has a suction cup underneath). You don't have to mess with it to get it to stick, either, just throw it in the tub & you're set. I never have to worry about it slipping around when my toddler insists on standing up in the bath.

As another reviewer noted, it did smell a little strong when first opened, but after a day it wasn't noticeable with ours.

The quality is so much better than every other mat we've tried. I highly recommend it!
65 helpful votes
66 helpful votes
on March 25, 2014
12/2016 I ended up throwing my mat away as much as I hate to waste. The black mold no matter what I did on the underside was far more dangerous than keeping this mat.

9/2016 Update: I have owned and used this mat for over 2 years now. The back side is starting to get mold like spots all over that can not be scrubbed off. I do clean the top and back side of this mat every few weeks to keep the soap scum from building up but these spots appeared nonetheless. I would still recommend this mat and you do have to be careful when stepping in the tub on it, if there's water underneath the mat, it could slip.

The rubber smell did go away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed it 4 days ago and it did and still smells like rubber. I even put it outside for half a day but it didn't change that. Just adding that note if the smell of rubber bothers you.

The mat is really thin and in my opinion it's not the most comfortable on your feet. The only "cushion" comes from all the little suctions cups.

My only issue is that after a shower the water on my mat doesn't drain off unless I remove the mat.

All in all I would recommend this mat because it DOES stick to the tub and it's not much work to pull it up to allow the water to drain off, it's just an extra step. If you have the fear of falling or have a mat that sometimes slips around, this is a good alternative because it stays in place once you're standing on it.
review image
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Cookingon April 22, 2014
My aunt has been complaining that she has now started having a hard time getting out of the bath tub--that the bottom of the tub feels slippery when she stands up to get out and makes her loose her balance. She is 79 years old and lives by herself and I live about 50 miles from her, so if anything happened to her it would be a long time before anyone found her. She was going to go to one of those cheap discount stores and buy a tub mat, but from everything I have been reading here these mats don't work and some times are even dangerous themselves. So I was looking for really good reviews on Amazon for a safe mat for her.

I had this mat sent to her and from her phone call it sounded as if it fit her bathtub just right. She tells me she loves this mat because it has made getting out of the bath tub a lot easier and safer for her. She is also following the advice I gave her that I read here about taking the mat up and letting it dry on the side of the tub so that mildew does not build up on the underside of the mat. I would recommend this mat to everyone that needs a bath mat in their tub and I would buy it again if another mat was needed.
on November 7, 2016
This mat is basically rubber with a bunch of suction cups on the bottom. This is a safety mat because (1) rubber is softer than ceramic, (2) additional 'padding' is via the suction cups & gaps of air the suction cups create between the suction cups. This isn't a cushy mat as if it was made of foam. If you're trying to buy something to make bathing more comfortable, this isn't the product for you. If you're buying something to be safer than hitting your head on a porcelain tub, this will help.

The good:
The mat is long so has good coverage. Not the entire length of a standard tub but long enough.
Because it's not made of foam etc, you don't have to worry about water sucking into it and sitting there going bad and needing to squish it out.
While it's firm and bumpy, it wasn't uncomfortable for me to sit/lay on while taking a bath.
There was no rubbery smell.
While the mat came rolled up, it didn't keep that shape. I was able to immediately apply it to the tub.
The suction cups work well. They haven't been coming undone. The mat has been staying in place.

The not awesome:
Personally it hurts my feet to stand on. It's like standing on a lumpy insole.
The rubbery nature means hairs stick to it. It's a pain to clean of hairs.
It makes shower water falling on it sound loud. Really loud.
on June 13, 2012
This mat has been perfect for us. It is large, covers the majority of the floor of our tub (goes to about 2" away from the back of the tub when we place it about 2" away from the drain), has plenty of traction our our baby can crawl around in the tub without any problems, and has plenty of suction cups on the bottom that actually stick to our tub. We had a mat previously that didn't stick well and floated when the suction failed. This mat stays down and doesn't float if it isn't suctioned down. The mat does have a strong rubber odor at first, but it was gone after a few days. The mat is bumpy due to the suction cups (like most mats I have seen), so if you or your baby are sensitive to bumps and textures this may not be the mat for you.

We have used this mat for a few months now and no problems with mold/mildew yet. I have thrown it in the washing machine a few times and it seems to keep it clean and the mat still looks as it did when we purchased it.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on July 18, 2011
I looked for a non-slip mat that would actually suction to the bottom of my textured tub, but never found anything that claimed it would. I was apprehensive about whether this would, but to my surprise, IT DOES! I was pleasantly surprised. I wish it were a little longer though.
23 helpful votes
24 helpful votes
on April 2, 2012
I have a young toddler who just started taking "big boy baths" in the tub, and this is perfect for him. (If there was a product that would make him sit down when he bathes, that'd be even more impressive :-) I was looking for something that didn't look like it was a medical product. The blue one provides a little style, and goes well with my bathroom decor.

My husband travels periodically to places that manufacture rubber products, and the odor of the new product is par for the course. There's nothing the manufacturer would be able to do to remove the odor, except to use it a little like I did anyway. The smell fades. After you are done using the tub, turn on the shower as hot as possible and rinse the mat. You should be doing this anyway to keep residue from building up, but it'll make the odor go away faster. Also, it indicates on the product packaging that the item is machine-washable, so if it's important to you to get rid of any noticeable odor before you use it, throw it in the washing machine.

I recommend this product.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on May 3, 2016
I have been looking for something to make our tub less slippery now that my second child is out of her baby tub and my older child is starting to stand up and take showers. I remember the slipping and sliding around the bathtub being a struggle sometimes with our first child, so this time around I was searching high and low for something that would actually work with the textured surface of our tub (which is designed to limit slipping, but does not really do anything). I was losing hope because suction cups don't stick to this surface, and neither do the little non-slip stickers. I read the reviews and description of this product and decided to give it a go. This mat has a lot of suction cups, and like I mentioned earlier they do not stick to the surface of the tub (nor did I expect them to). However, the difference is that the mat is heavy and thick enough to make it stay in place. I really works great. It has made such a difference with both child bathing scenarios. Will purchase again if needed.
11 comment|Report abuse
This bathmat is a must have for bathing our little ones. It has lasted for years and held up to a lot! It scrubs clean really well and the suction cups underneath keep it firmly in place. I also like that it's really easy to remove and clean and clean under, or take out of the way if you have guests showering in your bathroom. Just make sure you clean under it REGULARLY because it will and does get moldy under there! Great mat, highly recommend!
Enthusiast: Campingon October 17, 2015
Great shower mat. I used it for 6 months removing it once a week and cleaning the bottom suction cups. After time the black mold color set in and I tried to soak it in bleach. Then the mat was white and blue on top and black and blue on the bottom. It was time for a new one. :) So I ordered another :)

There's so many suction cups there's no way to slip with this thing in your tub. The water still has small channels so it can flow under. A great safety feature for you tub.