Lariat Necklace - Made with Antique Glass Buttons
|Price:||$105.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Truly stunning antique buttons circa late 1800's adorn this beautiful pendant necklace
- Buttons are made of black glass with intricate engravings, and were created after the death of Prince Albert. Each measure about 1/2 inch.
- The chain is made out of raw brass, with no nickel, and has a permanent antique finish. Measures 21 inches including pendant.
- Please see product description below for more history behind these exquisite buttons.
- Because these are truly fine antique materials, the engravings on the buttons and other minor details may vary.
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
In 1861 when Queen Victoria’s beloved husband, Prince Albert died, she was so overcome with grief she remained in mourning until her death in 1901. During this 40 year period, she wore all black attire, and her clothing buttons were made out of black Jet which were finely carved and quite expensive. As she greatly influenced fashion, the mourning gown became vogue, and a true fashion statement. Because Jet buttons were too expensive to produce for the average person, a button manufacturer in the 1860’s recreated the black buttons and began producing them from glass. This made the buttons much more affordable, and they developed the name, “mourning buttons”. These buttons were manufactured into the early 1900’s.
- Package Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01L2MGEL8
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 26, 2016
- Average Customer Review:
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|