Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on January 5, 2017
Season 2 of Lark Rise to Candleford is great just like seasons 1 and 3. 4 because of the loss of Fergus Drysdale as Laura's father combined with the condensed number of episodes with a finale that compressed so much that could have been spread across the 6 episodes available (instead of some of the worst episodes of the show), Season 5 is less but still must be watched to see how they wrap up the storyline. Overall the show is one of the best stories I've watched in a long time. The story of the poor and working class in mid 1800's England is heart warming. Nothing in these shows that you have to send your children away from, or would offend anyone. Simple good old story telling of how the bonds of love and friendship held together these old communities that worked so hard and faced so many adversities yet managed to prevail. I was touched by many, amused, and generally entertained by a show I simply wish had gone on for many more seasons. But what there is of it is a great watch, so soak it up because you'll find little to compare. I myself see it as a combination of Anne of Green Gables, Downton Abbey and a touch of Poldark. Loved it.
on June 23, 2017
Many, many of the episodes presented here on Amazon Prime are missing relevant scenes that appeared in the original PBS telecasts. To name just one example: at least THREE SCENES are missing from a single episode, Season 2, Episode 5: A scene in which Alf and Robert Timmins sit in a pub discussing Minnie's claim of "being ruined," a scene in which Robert Timmins offers James Dowland some of his personal advice on courting Dorcas Lane, and a third scene in which Emma Timmins talks to Robert about their son's having made a map. I have found many disappointing omissions on other episodes in the series presented here as well, as anyone who has seen the original PBS telecasts will attest. WHAT'S GOING ON, AMAZON? There is no reason to shorten the episodes here. I'm sure there must be a profit motive involved somewhere, but it's not in the best interests of the viewers here. I have also noticed missing scenes from other series presented here, such as NYPD Blue.
on April 30, 2016
I absolutely loved this series. The acting was brilliant as every character was carved out clearly and made memorable. i could sense an undercurrent of hostility from the writers toward Chrisitans and Christianity. The wisest and kindest of the characters were humanistic, if not, atheistic, while the stupid, narrow minded, and self righteous had an annoying zeal for scripture. As a Chrisitan myself, it was hurtful to watch biblical principles being portrayed so erroneously. I respect the fact that writers can express their personal views through their work.
on April 22, 2016
I have NEVER seen anything that I loved more! You fall in love with the characters and they truly become your friends! It breaks your heart to have it end! The characters are delightful, the stories are heart felt and the scenery breath taking. It is a sweet show with values, caring, real experiences and interactions that speak to your soul. It had 7 1/2 million viewers when it aired on PBS originally....and people were devastated when they didn't renew the season. That says a lot of what is valued, and needed in our television viewing world of violence, immorality and tasteless performances. You will thoroughly enjoy the experience.
on June 13, 2016
My wife is watching the entire series. The series is so colorfully rendered that the scenery, dialogue, and/or setting captures my eye as I pass through our living room, am enchanted, sit down, and finish that episode. I am a fiction writer, have my own stories, and thought I was immune to TV miniseries (once called "soap operas") but the casting, plot, and direction of this series is obviously first-rate. So, I unashamedly rate it a 5.
on August 11, 2016
I liked the first season, and some of the second season, and then the themes seemed to be mostly love affairs - which could be ok but it started to get old. And people were always getting upset with each other and the drama seemed a bit much. I'm not sure I'll finish any more episodes. Maybe the other seasons are better...

And for the record, I am one of 10 children, my parents weren't rich, and I didn't feel neglected. That episode where Queenie says it's better to stop at five because you can't show enough love if you have 'too many' children is ridiculous. Super annoying. Who wrote that episode anyway?
on July 24, 2016
Despite the fact that this series is directed at a female audience, there is something about it that drew me in, and I've watched it all the way through season 4. There is no doubt that the acting is superb, and I've become fond of several characters, but the story lines are pretty much the same from episode to episode. That is the biggest detraction. The series depiction of the struggles during those years, is incredible and if you take the time to really think about them, it tugs at your heart strings. Perhaps a bit over stated, but try to imagine yourself during that time, and you'll understand.
on January 23, 2017
I really enjoyed Season 2 of Lark Rise to Candleford. I am so impressed with the acting skills of all of the actors portraying the main characters, and the story lines continue to intrigue me. I eagerly await the moment when I can sit down and watch the next episode. I thoroughly enjoy being able to watch a wholesome program that does not rely on violence and foul language as its attraction but rather its lessons on being kind and understanding human beings to one another.
on July 21, 2016
This lovely series takes us back to a different time, which I'm sorry I missed. Life was hard but, perhaps, less complicated; and, it's wonderful to spend a hour or so watching stories that touch the heart as well as bringing smiles and laughter. The characters are endearing, played by the best actors Great Britain has to offer. You'll recognize many of them from other popular British shows. There are several seasons to enjoy.
on August 1, 2016
This series is extraordinary in every way. We were captivated the moment season one began and so thankful for season two. We fell in love with each character and the story line for each one is compelling. The thought that our lives at the end of the series will no longer be affected by the characters' stories is sad. A beautifully wrought plot and a compelling story is a necessary addition to anyone's watch list.