Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 25, 2013
I got this item fast, I was highly impressed at how easy it was to install. The laser is very accurate for me and actually helped me get better at shooting. After less than a month of shooting with it I started having issues. My laser would come on even when the switch was off. Then my slide would not rest in the proper position. I attempted to contact lasermax since I was 2 days over the 30 day mark and they ignored all my emails. I attempted to call and could never get a live person on the phone. I finally gave up and contacted amazon, they are sending me a replacement but this item has such a high failure rate it will probably fail again.

1. There is cheap plastic in the housing for the battery. If you shoot more than 100 rounds in a day the plastic will start to to show signs of heat damage, I believe this is what ultimately lead to the failure.
2. The spring causes a lot of jamming. Glocks are very hard to jam with any type of ammo, since I installed this I've gotten at least 10 jams where I've never had a jam before.

ONLY UPSIDE:

Amazon is amazing! Even though I was past the 30 day mark they sent me a brand new lasermax laser for my glock and allowed me to send my damaged one back. When the new one arrives in 2 days I will take a picture to compare what the old one looked like compared to the new one after a few 100 rounds. If you're the type of person that likes to shoot, stay away from this product. For the pricetag it is very cheaply made.

UPDATE 7/7/2013:

So got my new lasermax and the battery arrived dead. I cannot even test it to see if it works. I am completely out of options and the only thing I can do is return it for a "partial refund". For a product that is $300+ you would think it would have better quality control. There is a ring on the front of the laser that goes into the guide rail hole at the front of the slide. This metal ring is really thin and will wear out fast. I highly suggest staying away from this product. Even if it works for you it will die within a few months of use. The thing is built like crap.

Amazon informed me that they're going to give me a one time full price refund for the product given my issues I've had with the product and based on other reviews on here it just seems like this product has a high failure rate. Amazon saves me again!
174 people found this helpful
|1111 comments|Report abuse
on November 23, 2013
I have installed two of these guide rod laser sights: Glock 19 (April 2013) and Glock 30S (September 2013). I have fired ca 400-500 rounds through the G19, 100-150 through the G30S and had no FTEs with either gun. My accuracy has improved enormously. I am a septuagenarian (seventy+) and have dealt with presbyopia (Greek for "old man's eyesight") for years, so any gun-mounted sights on a pistol, even night sights, are somewhat of a challenge.

Some folks have complained of FTEs with the Model# LMS-1131P (on the G19). I suspect the issue is a limp-wrist grip: the LaserMax recoil spring supplied with the LMS-1131P is in fact stiffer than the G19 factory original, so something less than a firm two-hand grip could conceivably prevent decisive slide retraction. The stiffer spring also makes the gun a little more difficult to rack. This doesn't apply to the Model# LMS 1191 (G30S) which comes with a double recoil spring similar to the factory original that makes it easier to rack.

Another issue with the Model# LMS-1131P (on the G19) is that the supplied slide lock spring is quite a bit stiffer than the factory original, making takedown more difficult. (The spring is proprietary as it has a depression to accept the two knobs on the slide lock to hold the switch in place, on or off.) I devised a tool to depress the slide lock to takedown position but found out I could do as well by putting on a work glove with thumb-and-fingertip pads on my left hand. (I measured the thickness of the factory-original and LaserMax-supplied springs and found them to be .014" and .018" respectively, which would explain the stiffness difference.)

For some time I found the slide-lock-bar-as-switch concept to be a little problematic: the switch seemed to be awkwardly positioned for (right) trigger-finger activation, and I found it stiff and hard to activate, requiring my trigger-fingernail. Problem easily solved: My two-hand grip puts my thumb directly over the switch on the left side allowing intuitive activation; in addition, I discovered that the stiffness of the switch is quite a bit less after the slide is racked, eliminating the need for fingernail involvement.

Add to this that I can continue to use a rail-mounted strobe or my Gould & Goodrich shoulder holster-of-choice. I am overall very pleased with these guide rod lasers.
11 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2013
I bought this for my Glock 19 after reading all the reviews on it and decided to take a chance on it. I was able to install it in less than 5 minutes but that's about as good as it got. The laser will not turn off and if you can get it to turn off by chance, the slightest movement turns it back on. For the money this cost I would expect a lot better quality. I would not recommend this item to anyone.
21 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 11, 2013
I bought 3 of these, one for G19, one for g22 and one for 1911. I was only satisfied with one. The 1911 one was crap, laser was not a dot, but a huge 1.5" splotch at just 15 ft. and the slide release was made so poorly it took all my might with two thumbs to release the slide. I didn't even try to shoot with it, just sent it back. The one for the G19 was about 3" off at 20'(not horrible) but jams the bullets about 1 per clip. It NEVER jammed before installing. You can feel the drag on the guide rod as you pull back the slide and slide does not seat fully when released(guide rod laser too thick?). I will keep using it, hopefully it will eventually break in, but doubtful. The one for the G22 was fairly accurate and did perform as expected. These are cheaply made and quite expensive for what they are. NOT WORTH THE MONEY! I would look at other brands of lasers. It seems you have about a 33% chance of getting what you expect, and still you pay out the ass. WEAK!
22 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on July 27, 2017
All I can say about Laser Max is that their great and accurate. Got it on both my Glocks Green on the 17, Red on the 19 Thanks Laser Max.......
on August 24, 2014
It's touch and go with this one. Wanted one of these laser sights ever since they came out. So after many years I finally bit the bullet and got one. It's very touchy to set it in place and as some other say, it will sometimes turn off on you after a few shots. It is also difficult to turn on as you really have to press the tiny little ear on the frame to get it to turn on. Is not difficult to install, just quirky as it sometimes will fall into place and flash. Other times it will not. Some say that they cannot do without it. This is fine if you don't mind getting shot while you are fumbling with this contraption.

Is a cute toy but I would not place my life on this. I have night sights on my Glock 23 and can hit anything I aim at without the need of the laser. This is a cute toy and again when your life depends on hitting something your eyes and metal sights will never fail you.
5 people found this helpful
on July 25, 2017
Simply perfect. Easy installation, reliable function, superior quality.
on April 3, 2018
So far so good but have not gotten it to the range yet.
on April 3, 2017
Awesome sight with easy install. Very accurate.
on January 24, 2014
I ordered this item and the description didn't specify if it was compatible with glock 19 gen 4. I returned it because it was too small
8 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.