Industrial Deals Beauty Amazon First Reads Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video Shop movie deals exclusively for Prime members on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on August 26, 2014
This is an extremely light-weight portable fan ... almost entirely plastic, except for the motor unit.
It is very efficient, and it moves a tremendous amount of air, at a reasonable noise level.
The height is very adjustable, and it can oscillate smoothly (though we never use that feature).
I am amazed that you can buy a large, floor-standing, adjustable, oscillating fan of this quality for under $40.

We had previously purchased the 16" diameter Lasko fan on Amazon, and we were so impressed with it
that we bought this 18" Lasko fan... to give us some relief on those rare occasions that our air conditioner
stops working and needs repair.

I must say: even though the 18" model is just 2" larger than the 16" model... it moves at least 50% more air.
I encourage you to choose the 18" model for maximum effectiveness. It is a very impressive fan.
88 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 27, 2017
I was looking for a loud fan, odd request you may think but I like fan noise when I sleep. This thing does the job and on the lowest setting it is not overpoweringly loud but you know it is there. It is a lightweight piece and assembles easily. It was what I wanted and the price was nice. Now I did put a speed control on it that I had laying around and that did dial it back a bit, winter fan usage is not the best thing but it does circulate the warmer air. The lowest setting is more like a medium on some other fans so take this into account.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2017
Aloha, I
Love your Lasko 1827 Adjustable Elegance and Performance Pedestal Fan, 18-Inch, Black. So much so that I have purchased 5 of them in the past few years for my own home and rental units. All but one are still working and it only broke because I neglected it. I have nothing but great things to say about them. They blow hard, not loud.
If you're looking for one of those quiet artistic pedestal fans, look elsewhere. This one can sound like a propeller aircraft on the runway.
But if you want a product that can last for ten years or more, moves a huge volumes of air and don't care what it sounds like, this is the fan for you.
Since I have used previous Lasko pedestal fans before, this was very easy to assemble and I only had to refer to the instructions once. And yes, assembly is tool free for most people. For some people they may want to use a medium sized screwdriver to insert the outer grill.
The new fan blade design moves huge volumes of air even on the low setting, so think about where you are going to use it before purchasing.
Another new feature for me is being able to point the fan almost straight up which is a huge bonus for the all the seasons.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 29, 2016
We bought this to replace our last Lasko fan. They never last terribly long in our house but I don't blame the fan I blame the dog hair from our two pomeranians and the fact that the fan runs almost 24/7. The Lasko fans seem to last longer than other fans so I keep buying them.

It moves a lot of air, which my husband and I have to have to sleep. It is a little noisy, but I am so used to white noise that I can't sleep well without it so for us, it's a plus. It has a wide range of rotation so it gets a large part of the room. It is easy to assemble and easy to operate. We had bought more expensive remote control versions in the past but didn't want to spend that much this time and I have to say that this one works as well or better than the last one. If/when this one dies, I'll replace it with the same model if it lasts a reasonable amount of time.
on March 19, 2016
I really, really, really like this fan! There are several in depth reviews here on this fan so I will give my personal opinions on this fan in hopes it will help you decide whether to buy it or not.

Pros:
-The amount of wind it generates is Excellent!
-I don't find it so loud I can't sleep (I am a light sleeper)
-The Price is great!
-It can be used year round. I use it in the summer of course, but I also use it 5-6 days per week when exercising and for cooking for extended periods of time in a hot kitchen

Cons:
-This fan suffers from Little Cord Syndrome. This doesn't bother me enough to deduct a star.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you get it. My husband put it together and didn't have any unexpected problems while doing so.
on April 13, 2016
Good fan but eventually some part breaks inside to the point where it will move even if it's supposed to be locked in place
review image
on May 26, 2017
This fan is really noisy, and for the noise, it moves very little air. Maybe because the blades are so small? The motor uses a lot of power to spin the blades, but there really isn't the air movement you would expect. I can't use it on anything but the "1" setting because it is so loud. If you have good hearing, don't get this fan. The oscillation is in a parabola instead of side to side. I tried placing it on a piece of carpet to see if that helped with the noise, but it did not. Everything is plastic except for one part of the support pole. You'd think that would help keep it quiet, but it doesn't at all. I will probably donate this where it will be appreciated, and look for something more effective and less noisy.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2018
How do you write a review about a fan? Let's see...easy to assemble, moves air, and is light enough to move around a room easily. Price was good too.

My only minor gripe is the occasional rattle that seems to occur. The front faceplate has a logo made of a cheap metal that tends to rattle from time to time. Not a big deal during the day but if you've got this fan going while trying to fall asleep, you might be a bit distracted.

I do like the fairly long power cord, the variable speeds, and the fact that, even after a few months of continuous use, the fan is working great...except for that darn rattle. I ended up taping that front faceplate. A quick fix and solved that problem.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 26, 2017
I ordered this last month in preparation for the hot summer months coming up. We just put it together yesterday so I've already missed my deadline to return but it is very loud. I feel like something is rattling around inside and that is why this so loud but I cannot fix it I'm very upset I tried calling the company with no luck and getting a replacement. If you get this fan make sure you open and put it together right away to make sure everything is in good working order. It is too loud to have on especially to sleep I'm very disappointed