Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
Lasko 2521 16" Oscillating Stand Fan
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ETL listed, patented, fused safety plug
- 16-inch black oscillating pedestal fan perfect for homes or offices
- 3 quiet speeds; easy-grip rotary control
- Height adjusts up to 47" tall with wide-range 90-degree oscillation
- Easy no-tools assembly
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Nice feature is the height is ADJUSTABLE up to about 42" high at the top.
It has 3 fan speeds, and the oscillation is easily stoppable at any of the 3. The blades and grill are plastic, not metal, which may make it less durable, BUT also makes it somewhat quieter. Moves a good amount of air, I usually keep it at the lowest speed from a few feet away and am quite comfortable thusly. The only thing I would change if I could is the speed selector should be separate from an on switch, because it goes from OFF to highest to medium to lowest, so i have to click through all the speeds to turn it on and off each time. It would be nice if the speed control knob were separate from the on/off control, and the speed were essentially dimmable from nothing to max , not just 3 preset positions of low, med, and high.
This fan is an excellent choice for bedside though, because you have the option of lowering the height of the pole. The more expensive honeywell with remote control lacks the height adjustment feature.
The flat-black color is very nice, just don't trip over it at night. It moves a lot of air, is adjustable to 45", has 3 speeds (0=off, 1, 2, and 3) and oscillates which you can of course turn switch off. Some might not care for the fact that there is no separate off switch, it's setting zero on the fan speed control, but I didn't mind that at all.
I must say that although the plug claims to have some sort of "patented" surge protection in the plug (who really cares, right?), the cord itself is VERY short. I didn't measure it but it seems comparatively short and was not long enough to stretch across from one outlet to where I needed it. (So get your extension cord out.. which then diminishes the "patented" surge protection on the plug!)
Overall it is money well spent, it's not very loud for sleeping, not too heavy, and at $22.50 was a good price. please note, this model does Not have a remote or timer! I would buy it again and would recommend it to a friend.
I have two small-ish issues:
1) Always use two hands to adjust the fan height. Use one hand to hold up the fan head while you use the other hand to loosen the tension on the fan's neck. I once lazily decided to loosen the tension without holding up the fan, and it came crashing down on my hand as soon as the tension was light enough. It didn't break the skin or anything, but it was painful.
2) The plastic seems cheap and sort of "bendy" and pliable, but my fan's lasted about two years so far, so I guess it doesn't affect longevity too much.
1. Ordered on Wednesday recieved on Thursday morning.
2. Package was tight & sealed with ALL pieces included.
3. Instructions are legible, with pictures that are easy to follow.
4. I had fan assembled within 20 minutes of receiving it.
5. It's made of medium to dense thick plastic (except for the retractable pole), it oscilates, it has 3 speeds, it can tilts upwards.
My overall grade is a B which can move up to an A (however I'm going to come back March 17th with an month update) I read the prior reviews and must say I almost didn't purchase this (SIKE) lol not by a longshot...I believe if you want somthing try it for yourself, don't take other folks word for it (you never know). sooo I'll be back with update on this fans overall perfomance.
Signing off for now: PRiNCESSgIgI
Noise is not a problem. I run it at the low and medium speed. But if necessary I will run it at the high speed.
I expected it to work longer than 18 hours. It worked great, then it stopped working, won't turn on. I'm not interested in "figuring out why" or "fixing it."
This is a brand new fan. It should work.
In my book, something that breaks on the second day is a piece of junk, no matter what you pay for it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A little flimsy, bottom isnt the most stable. But it works for light use. I had this in my bedroom, worked out well. I didn't mind the little noise. Read morePublished 28 days ago by TruuhStory
Purchased June 17, 2014 and died on June 10, 2016 with light use for the past 2 years. I expected this to last longer, as my other fans which are older. Maybe it has a weak motor. Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. Griffin
Very disappointed, cheap plastic fan guard, stand post does not secure into base, height adjust "nut" does not tighten securely to post ( with it tightened down, it can... Read morePublished 1 month ago by jennifer lazarides
Nice quiet plastic fan. It is very easy to assemble it took me less than 10 minutes. Light weight, because it is plastic and I am a petite woman. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Shirlm