Lasko 5365 Ceramic Pedestal Heater with Remote Control
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple stand assembly required
- Widespread oscillation; programmable thermostat; 8-hour timer
- Low/high quiet-comfort settings, plus auto thermostat-controlled setting
- Self-regulating ceramic element, cool touch housing and overheat protection for safety
- ETL listed
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It takes up relatively little floor space, and the pedestal design puts the heater up a little higher, if that suits your needs. (A regular tower heater might be fine for lots of people, though.)
It's 30 tall" and the base is a 12" circle. The top part is about 7.5" wide at the top (the widest part).
- High 1500W (5118 BTU) and low 900W (3070 BTU) settings. And two fan speeds to go with that - the fans runs more slowly and quieter on low - which is a feature that's missing on many heaters for some inexplicable reason.
- Quiet for a heater with a fan, especially on the low setting. (But that can't be used with the auto thermostat setting, see below!)
- Well built, and well packed.
- The light weight and convenient handle, at the top of the back, make it easy to carry and move around.
- The controls are well placed, easy to read, and make sense - they do the things you'd think they should.
- The LCD shows the room temperature and the thermostat setting, exactly - no guessing on a dial with marks around it! Both seem very accurate - it matches a digital thermometer I have in the room.
- The biggest one by far for me - the auto setting (to maintain the temperature you set) only uses high heat. Low auto isn't an option.
- No automatic shutoff if it tips over. Maybe the overheat protection would take care of it, and it doesn't really get that hot - but I'd think they'd want to have that in a heater with this design.
- The base looks a little big - 12" across - but I suppose it has to be to make the pedestal work.Read more ›
-Comes with remote
-Is quiet (It sounds like a fan on a low setting)
-Space efficient (takes up little room)
-Very lightweight with handle (easy transport)
-Won't start a fire! (I touched the face of it and held my hand to it on high setting, it is warm but not painfully hot. The entire rest of the unit stays so cool it is amazing!)
-Control Panel is only visible from almost directly in front (I thought there was something wrong at first because I couldn't make out anything on it)
-Timer Function: You may only set the timer to go for a certain length of time. I was under the impression you could set the heater to START after a certain time (e.g., to warm up the room before you get home)
Other than that I found that you have to keep it on oscillating to really keep the room warm, otherwise it only heats the area in front of it and continually switches to low power, never getting the entire room to the desired temperature. I went through a ton of these reviews on different heaters and one concern I saw in a bunch of them was that the power cord might not hold up (i.e. cause electrical fire). I got the heater for my girlfriend so I wanted to be sure this wouldn't be a problem- I ran it for over 14 hours straight on the high setting and the cord wasn't even warm, so that put my fears to rest.Read more ›
12/07/09 - Update on this heater. I bought these two space heaters over a year ago. I covered them during the summer to prevent dust and the one other thing we don't do is use the oscillating feature. From trial and error with other floor heaters, that seems to wear them out quicker. Both these units are now into heavy use over the last month for their second winter. We have had no issues. I am about to buy 3 more because we fight over which rooms get these. My favorite things about these heaters are: (1) they are very quiet, (2) the timer feature, (3) physically do not seem to get hot like other heaters, (4) pedestal design gets the heat where you want it, (5) they work - they heat a good sized bedroom. We've had no problems with either unit.
It really does a good job keeping the bedroom warm. Sometimes I'll wake up and it'll be too hot that I have to turn it off... did I tell you that it comes with a remote control????
It's a great thing to have by the night table especially when you wake up in the middle of the night and don't feel like getting out of bed to shut it off.
I also love the fact that you can adjust the temperature to what you want and also how many hours you want it on for.
It's a excellent heater to have It's especially great for those of you who have Landlords that are too cheap to give you heat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
✰✰✰✰✰ THANK YOU!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! FIVE STARS ✰✰✰✰✰ A+++++Published 8 months ago by CLICKER123
Favorite heater. Works great and I like how tall it is that it can heat more than just your feet! Comes with a remote which is helpful.Published 8 months ago by Rebecca L
I am really glad I went with this Lasko heater. It warms up a room quickly, nice design, light weight and easy to carry from room to room. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Paulina
Item arrived fast and, priced well, and functioned as expected, thanks.Published 12 months ago by Kevin A. Arnoux
Great space heater.
I have purchased two of those a couple of years ago.
They still work fine until this day.
I bought this over a year ago and it is still by far the best heater I've purchased. i love that it has a timer and an automatic setting to keep the room at a certain temperature.Published 16 months ago by MplsMama