The Last Airbender
DVD & Digital Copy Included ed.
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Experience the thrilling live-action adventure based on the hit Nickelodeon series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Join Aang, an extraordinary boy with incredible “bending” powers, as he journeys through an exotic land filled with magical creatures and powerful friends. As the Avatar, he is the only one who can end the age-old conflict between the four nations: Air, Water, Earth and Fire. An inspirational journey, The Last Airbender is exciting entertainment for the entire family!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 1,601 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reasons why this movie sucks:
1. PRONUNCIATION. Ahng?! Awvatar?! So-ka?! Eroh?! HONESTLY WTF??! I don't give a flying f* that the director insists they say it in the traditional manner. Say it how the freaking show did!
2. Where was Sokka's humor and incredible intelligence when it comes to planning and tactics?!
3. Who is even Aang in this movie? There was not one single expression of his character. No compassion, peace, playfulness, humor etc.
4. Katara? No no. That girl was not even remotely CLOSE to the strong, independent, caring, and loving person from the show.
5. There was not a wise or humorous bone in Uncle Iroh's body.
6. Can we all just agree EVERY CHARACTER IN THIS MOVIE DOESN'T EVEN DESERVE TO BE CALLED A CHARACTER?! They might as well be sticks in the mud for all I care. Every character in the animated series was disrespected by this adaptation.
7. WHITE PEOPLE? Um, sorry not sorry but every character in the animated show is from some form of Asian decent. You couldn't even get that right?
8. The entire movie was disjointed and so many crucial moments were cut out. You cannot fit an avatar season into one movie. I don't care how much you try to convince me. There is far too much content.
9. Where is the flipping BENDING? Everyone is throwing punches and jabs instead of bending. What bender thinks "I'm a fire bender but I'm not going to use it. Instead, I'm just going to punch people." ALSO, can we just acknowledge that it took about 10 moves to perform one bending move?! I could easily run up and hit a bender right on the head while they perform one. single. move.
10. When was it a thing that fire benders have to have some source of fire in order to bend? NO. For the love of Iroh, NO.
11. Was Team Avatar even a thing? I think not. How many words did Katara, Aang, and Sokka say to each other? Little to none. They might as well be strangers.
I could probably go on for basically eternity but this movie doesn't deserve anymore of my time. This series is one of the greatest of all time. This movie could have been one of the greatest movies of all time. The content and creativity is all in the animated series yet they royally destroyed every sacred piece of it.
I hope some day that this story has another chance. I hope one day that someone who is a true fan will do this series justice by making another movie or even a well-developed TV show. For now, DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS TRASH. Rewatch the series, watch Korra, or read the comics. This is a waste of your time.
Directed by Shamalan, also known for signs and the happening balh!
Terrible child actors, some good moments but for the most part just blah!
Too short didn't have time to develop any story unlike tv series. (Not like anyone's complaining to see it hurry up and end.)
In the show they had quick motions to produce large-scale bending; here they dance around and do "air-karate" to make a simple flame or rock float, little action moments just poor and simple dialogue (with so much narration as if its a documentary)
Don't waste money on the film, even if you're interested in seeing how bad it is. That was what I did and it was a waste of my time.
Instead I would recommend checking out the anime series if you haven't already it's so much better.