Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 215 reviews
on October 10, 2011
This is my fourth Michael Prescott book.
All have been page turners. I'm not sure why he writes about women heroes, but it didn't seem unnatural to me.
It starts fast, and keeps up a great pace. I never found myself saying, "can we just move along now." For the money, it can't be beat.
Plenty of twists and turns, and I didn't see any technical mistakes.
Child long ago stalked by "the bogeyman", now is a cop and finds herself being stalked again.
She must face her fears or never be sure of herself.

$.99. Why not? I want more.
0Comment| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2011
I have read everything available, on Kindle, by this author. He is spell binding. I look everyday for something new. Once I started any one of his novels, I am really hard-put to lay it down.
From first sentence to last page, they are fast moving, keep you on the edge of your seat, entertaining, books.
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've read several of Michael Prescott's books and they never disappoint. Along with his creativity and imagination, I appreciate him for the affordability of his ebooks.

But I digress...
CJ, the female protagonist in "Last Breath", has an added depth, with the inclusion of the childhood incident with 'the boogeyman', that ties in with her chosen profession, and her behaviors on the job. I hope Prescott will feature her in another book or two, if he hasn't already done so.

I enjoyed reading other people's reviews, about this book - comparing opinions, likes and dislikes. Funny that some of the things that a few others like the least, are the very things that I like the most - such as the technical details about computers, details about spiders, her profession, and the related professions, and additionally, the lengthy suspense. When I am enjoying a book, I'm in no hurry for it to end.

An excellent read. I couldn't put it down.
on August 8, 2014
When you are asking for "suspense," you can't go wrong picking up Prescott's 'Last Breath." I read the story a couple of years ago and liked it. I just read it again, and I liked it even better. It is a well-told story with realistic dialogue and characters that I could care about...... and believe. The main actor, C. J., didn't perform unbelievable physical stunts that I keep finding in female-cop mysteries, but she delivered a performance I would hope our police would match. Oh, there were a couple of physical things that I MIGHT question.... poking a hole in plywood flooring, or shredding duct tape, or jerking live electrical wires from their mooring. Those things could cause a reader to pause, but I will give the author a little leeway there . I enjoyed the "techniness" of the story, able to almost believe it really happening that way. The personalities and interaction given to the cop-characters made the story doubly enjoyable. A fun read.
on September 22, 2013
Overall? Not a bad read at all and it keeps going at a nice steady pace.
I found the first chapter the most thrilling. None of the succeeding ones matched it, unfortunately. C.J. Osborn, the protagonist, I didn't find all that well developed as a character. Actually, no others jumped out as well developed either. She's haunted by a boogeyman from early childhood, who shows up again later in life. The boogeyman is really inconsequential and could have been cut out completely.
There's a good parallel between her ex-husband's plot to kill her and throw the cops on the scent of an actual serial killer.
I found myself scanning through parts dealing with the far too in-depth workings of the computer geeks, as well as a few areas dealing with her ex.

All in all, it's a worthy read that'll keep your interest
on February 15, 2012
This was a very good book and my first by Michael Prescott. This is a great story that kept me wondering how some things would fit in but I was not disappointed.

What I liked about the story was the main character C.J. Osborn was a strong woman who fought back once she was kidnapped. Her kidnapper proved to be a person she trusted in the past and as the drama unfolds, the perpetrator uses the methods of a serial killer in his crime to frame the whole thing on the serial killer and not himself. Very clever!

Another element that caused me to like the book so much is that the story is very believable and incorporates several different storylines that end up intertwining very nicely. I liked the storylines involving cybercrime as it relates the story to the current day and activities such as people being watched without their knowledge and spam emails that appear to be innocent at first to name a few. It's not that I approve of these acts, but they helped make the story plausible, at least in my mind.

I would recommend it if you like thrillers/mysteries as it has both elements. Read Last Breath to find out more and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.
on October 3, 2013
If you're afraid of spiders or paranoid of peeping Tom's. Worried that the creep in the supermarket that was eyeballing you followed you home, then this book might be a bit disturbing.

Prescott jump starts our story with his main character,Caitlin Jean Osborn at 10 years old having to fend off a real bogeyman . We next find C.J. 16 years later working as a LAPD patrol officer, divorced,living alone, confronting life threatening challenges that earn her the nickname "killer".

She is unaware that she is being stalked by enemies from her childhood as well as from her recent past. The author uses a rogue computer technology theme to create tension as the victims privacy is invaded by the prying eyes of hidden webcams.

The action scenes are vividly described. It's detailed enough that you can envision what is taking place. Well done.

Although we kinda know that C.J. will survive the attempts to murder her, we are never certain until the fat lady sings.

I rated this book with 5 Stars because in my opinion Michael Prescott delivers a very readable,enjoyable thriller. I am a new fan and have just downloaded SHATTER for my next week's fun.
RogerShepherd
on May 22, 2012
Some childhood memories and events cannot be left in childhood and it is those memories and events that have plagued C J and continue to shape her life.

Michael Prescott's novel, Last Breath, is the story of C J's emotional battles with her demons from the past and with those demons that plague her present life. From the opening pages Prescott's, Last Breath, captured my reading interest. The characters and the plot were well developed with sufficient plot twists to keep a reader interested in the story. There are some minor annoyances, namely the serial kill, Gavin Treat, who I found to be somewhat predictable but overall, I found Last Breath to be an enjoyable diversion.
on November 27, 2011
Wow, one of my best reads! I really enjoyed "Last Breath" and I've ranked it "5" stars.

The character development was strong, the parallel story lines pulled together nicely and some teasing between C.J & Tanner without the cheap sex. I liked the cyber crime approach to identifying the culprit, the twist with the ex-husband (what a dog), the collaboration between the law enforcement agencies (unfortunately in real life, they don't always cooperate) and the conclusion with the main character realizing that there will always be boogymen and the darker side of humanity.

I had trouble putting this book down and enjoyed it more than Blind Pursiut. Kudos to Mr.Prescott; thank you for the entertainment.

Well done.
on January 31, 2014
I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book as I began to get into it. I do like criminal mysteries but have become weary of those with the sick twisted minds of serial killers and those that torture. I was afraid that might have been where this one was going. But, it changed, it included more human stories, more personal relationships. It wasn't as graphically disturbing as some I have read by other authors. That I was thankful for. A great mystery can be told without a disturbed predator committing unspeakable crimes. Prescott's are more psychological which is refreshing.
The cop heroine and subject of the killers next murder is a believable, strong woman trying to move on with her life after divorce and still trying to deal with a horrific event from her childhood that she has never resolved.
The story unfolds, becomes complicated and entertaining. It is fast paced but there are parts that drag a bit with too much detail and explanation of police procedure or technical computer hacking instruction. I suppose if you are not technologically inclined it is helpful.
I do always enjoy Mr. Prescott's novel and look for more to read. His descriptions of people, landscapes and their thoughts always paint a vivid portrait for the reader.