- File Size: 4323 KB
- Print Length: 159 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: JBD Entertainment, LLC (March 23, 2017)
- Publication Date: March 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XTZXBSH
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#43,464 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #233 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- #420 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- #420 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
The Last Builder Kindle Edition
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is NOT a heavy science book, it's a good story, well written. Currently feels a bit like a YA book. Not bad for the first in a series that I suspect will get better as time goes along. (Warning: there is a something of a cliff-hanger at the end...to lead into the next book.)
Cutler's daughter Kathryn, who calls herself Kit, was nearly finished with high school at the academy when her mother died. She hated her father because she didn't understand why he left, and the few visits he made were strained because of it, so when he showed up for the funeral she was really angry. She became even angrier when she realized that her dad was also there to take her away with him. In spite of her mother's death from the virus, she thought she was safe where she was because the city officials had told everyone they were protected from the virus by the blockade around the city that didn't let anyone in, and everyone coming in from space had to stopped at the facility on the moon and be tested before taking a transport to earth. What Cutler knew that Kit didn't was that the officials were lying and that the virus had already spread through the city and every known inhabited planet and was about to hit full force. When it did, only the very few, and far between, who were immune to it would still be alive.
One of the leaders of The Truth Society, who Cutler had previously worked for before becoming independent, told him before he left that they wanted him to become a builder; the last builder they would have. Builders were the ones who terraformed the planets. He gave him a drive with all the information he needed to build the terraform bomb that would begin the process, but Greenwood was after the information for his own uses. The escape from earth, and the moon, was dangerous and they barely survived. Not long after they were in space, news came as the virus hit and everyone began to die. Thus the chase began.
Simeon Graves has written a riveting story filled with electrifying action, stomach- turning suspense, and intense love for family and humanity, but most importantly --- a powerful sense of hope.
Gee, I'm glad I read this novel and I'm hoping for sequels! This reader definitely recommends THE LAST BUILDER.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction