YED Reading Is Fundamental Wish List Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Book House Cleaning GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Oscar Central in Movies & TV Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 107 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on September 27, 2016
This is supposed to be the final book in "The Last Conquest" series and it is for the Town of Brighton BUT, I'm so pleased we'll get to follow three of the interesting characters as they move on. I've been with these characters from the beginning and, having been married for over 50 year's, l hate to see any good relationship end. This has been one of the best series I've read since Stephen King' s "Dark Tower" series.
While this takes place nearly three hundred years in our future most technology has been lost, or so it seems, and this feels like we're back in the "Dark Ages" physically, technically, and spiritually. Individuals who become infected with something like Leprosy are burned-at-the-stake for the good of the community. Of course this only applies to women and children who are publicly stripped and inspected twice a year. Men are exempt from this because "they have true hearts" and can be trusted to voluntarily turn themselves in for Purification by fire. (LOL)
One woman, upon discovering her son is infected, chooses to attempt to escape from The-Stake by climbing the wall circling the Town and running into "The Wild". The cruel Town Rulers can't tolerate the precedent this escape would set and go to extreme measures to capture her and her son to teach everyone a lesson.
Thus begins a fantastic set of events that are chronicled in this series. Oh, did I mention that The Wild is full of the infected who are similar to "The Living Dead" except when they get really hungry they'll turn on themselves and prey on the weaker members... Yep, it's the women again. As William's disease slowly worsens he is torn between his family and friends, and the infected Demons he's becoming like. While he's only a Boy, he becomes aware that the Demons recognize leadership abilities in him and, he's pleased with this. If you think it's hard to tell if he's a "Good or Bad-Guy" from this, read the book; if you do, you'll finish it and go right to Book 1.
The author does new readers to the series as well as those of us who began with Book 1 a real favor. He starts with a detailed summary of the previous five books. As soon as I began reading following these summaries I was right back into the zone as if I had just put Book 5 down.

Review by THE HOLEY ONE
review image review image review image
on October 8, 2016
I have read this series from the beginning and the Last Conquest was a great end to an epic adventure and a tale of humanity vs. inhumanity, good vs. evil, haves vs. have nots, and everything else in between. I rate it right up there with a couple other of my favorites, The Passage, and Stephen King's "Under the Dome". I will definitely read The Ruins when it comes out in December. I highly recommend you read this series from the beginning -- and promise you will get attached to the characters.
on October 1, 2016
I had to finish the series before I left a review. What a great story, for me it was like reading stuff from Tolkien (sp?) When I was younger. There were depth to the characters, and twists and developments that really flowed well together. I'm impressed that two different writers came together and were able to put this together. I am sure I'll be reading this series again in my lifetime. Can't wait to read the sequel and see what Kirby, William, and Brey discover.
on December 28, 2016
I love this entire series. A world thrown back to medieval times, brutal, ignorant & simple. Then throw in a deforming malady of the body and mind for some and a constant struggle to exist for the rest. Always a few characters to love and give hope. What great writing, and I have read many, many dystopian series. Thanks!!
on October 29, 2016
Read all 6 books - this being one of them - of THE SUVIVOR series. Great continuing story of post-apocalyptic times. Easy reading which held me spell book. Books average 350 pages in each book. So sad to say goodbye to my friends - the characters in the boy - when I read the very last page of the last book. Wonderful authors - want to read more of what each has written.
There is a book 7 which I have pre-ordered...
on January 19, 2017
I just finished binge reading the series. I couldn't put the books down and actually got irritated when interrupted, which does not happen very often. The characters seemed to change and grow ( or devolve) and new intense situations seemed to pop up out of nowhere. I would think I knew where the story was going and then it would go in a completely different direction. I hated and loved some people and outcomes, wanted to slap some of the ignorance out of some and thought some of the endings for some were very beneath them. I really did enjoy each of these books and yes, I read the request for reviews but I had to wait until the end. These are fun exciting books to read and would highly recommend them.
on December 25, 2016
This is a great series all together and I purchased each installment as soon as it came out. It was well written and great character development. I was entrapped by this world in each book until the series ended, so I could get back to reading other things, or not. I'm not a book critic, but I recommend this series for dystopian enthusiasts.
on October 14, 2016
This is such a great series. One of my favorites. Every character is interesting, and you feel you want to know more about each of them. I read the author comments at the end about some of the characters, and even that was interesting. I will read the next connecting series. I loved the way all the individual stories connected at the end. The evolution of some of the characters was great (ie Fitz).
on October 6, 2016
Very exciting and thoughtful ending to this series. The ending was quite intense and thorough. Thank you Bobby Adair and T.W. Piperbrook for bringing Brighton to satisfactory ending. I'll miss all those people and I'll miss the story. I recommend the series!
on October 10, 2016
The series starts strong and slowly declines. One book to many ends the series with a thud and not a bang like it deserves.

Winthrop is one of the worst characters I have read and pretty much ruined the series for me.