Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 186 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 395 reviews
on November 3, 2015
I thought that THE LAST EXORCISM was one of the better done movies in this genre of demonic possession. I was very surprised because I hadn't seen any of the actors in anything before and they all did a very good job with their characters. I thought the leading male that played the Pastor was excellent and also totally believable, as were the members of the "Sweetzer Family".It was a clever plot with plenty of suspense and I never would've guessed the ending, which was great, surprising and memorable!
on September 8, 2017
Filmed as found footage, most of the way through it is presented rather well as a documentary. There are a couple of things that kill this though. First, they overdid the symbols drawn all over the house in the later part. Then the sound is not well balanced so that the background score overrides your ability to hear the characters near the end. A piece that mimics a documentary should not have a score in the background because the point at which the audience hears it reminds them that they are not watching a documentary and certainly not found footage.
on February 17, 2012
4 Stars = Classic

Ok, we all know there has been a glut of mocumentary films after the original, "The Blair Witch Project," which I found entertaining. It delivered some good atmosphere of dread & suspense, but I don't worship the digital camera it is made from. I've found several movies in the same vein I like better, "Cloverfield," "Monsters, "Troll Hunter" to name a few. I've found many I did not, like "Paranormal Activity."

This film falls in to the better category for me, with excellent acting, pacing, story, script, & one creepy performance by Ashley Bell as Nell Sweetzer, who may be possessed or not? You'll have to wait & see. Also, Patrick Fabian as Cotton Marcus, puts on a admirable acting job as the flimflam minster, who makes money off of ignorance & misery, but his karma may be catching up to him.

The ending is some what ambiguous, like the "Blair Witch Project," but it is a hell of a ride getting there!

Creepy!
on April 5, 2017
Very strong movie. Not the best in the genre, but it kept my interest the whole time. As far as found footage movies, it beats The Blair Witch Project in my book.
on November 7, 2015
Don't be fooled this is not a movie it is somewhere between a documentary and a movie. Said another way it is a movie shot as a documentary, in fact it is a movie about making a documentary :) Unfortunately it kind of lacks enough of both documentary and movie to leave you with a somewhat confused experience when everything's said and done.
on February 3, 2014
An evangelical minister allows a documentary crew to film him at a time in his life when his faith is deeply shaken. When summoned to conduct an exorcism on a farmer's daughter, the minister's faltering faith plays a key role in the preceding. There is also mixed feelings within the family which is obviously dysfunctional. It is a pretty good movie, a weird twist at end.
on January 11, 2016
Exorcism without the loud sound effects and unrealistic captures.
Never liked this type of movies, yet this one is very well done, script and filming all worked very well making it so real.
"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is the best I've seen
on May 6, 2015
This movie is okay. A few scares here and there and a very surprised ending. I would recommend to anyone who thinks about purchasing it only as a rental and not one that you must add in the collection.
on November 23, 2015
An interesting take on the exorcism theme. There weren't as many "holes" in the story, which I've experienced in a number of recent horror films. Overall, I enjoyed the plot, characters and pace of the film.
on August 10, 2017
Not anything above a B movie; plot and script was poorly done. Some, not all of the acting, was decent. I don't know why I watch these documentary type films; to me they're never that well don.