Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 23, 2013
I have never seen a movie that original and well acted as this one. Since this movie Ashley Bell is one of my favorite actresses in the business (she was also a stunner in The Day). The film was full of twists and turns and surprises and I found the ending a great hommage to another very interesting "documentary film" Cannibal Holocaust. Hopefully Eli Roth (producer) will keep things as interersting and original for the second part as he did in the first.
on June 28, 2016
ok
on November 23, 2015
An interesting take on the exorcism theme. There weren't as many "holes" in the story, which I've experienced in a number of recent horror films. Overall, I enjoyed the plot, characters and pace of the film.
on April 30, 2017
Scary and mind blowing
on April 13, 2017
This is a good entry into the found footage horror genre. The motivations for filming were clear, the characters well defined, and the plot built momentum through the very end.
I can’t say why so many reviewers were unhappy about this film but perhaps they expected it to be a horror film based on the description and/or trailer… and it’s not. It’s not even much of a thriller and much more of a comedy with the preacher debunking exorcisms and the gullible folks he preaches to and scams. As the film gets closer to the end you can clearly see something else is going on that’s clearly not part of the exorcism spoofing and things turn a bit more dreadful for the cast and crew. What’s really good about this film is the acting and you have to wonder how a director can get so much out some no-names and the “stars” of Hollywood can do little more than mumble some lines and sleepwalk through their scenes in multi-million dollar “blockbusters”. Overall, I’d say it’s a mild thriller with a lot clever wit with some surprising results. I don’t like the jerky camera movies and would disagree with some that it’s a problem in this movie. It’s not Exorcist and don’t expect to see anything similar so just watch it for what it is… a very good movie with some stellar acting.
on October 7, 2015
You have to watch the whole thing. Great movie, you define won't see it coming!
on February 21, 2014
Oh no Mr. Bill, please don't walk up the walls to the ceiling - it gives me a crick in my neck! And, so it goes, Oh, it is promising that this is "The Last Exorcism" - or was it? Nope, number 2 was right around the corner. Oh well, such is the horror fare these days.

Save your precious time and shekels.
on July 1, 2017
Movie is interesting enough but I mostly bought it for sentimental value as it was the movie I saw on my first date with my boyfriend.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 23, 2012
I actually liked this movie. It had a well thought out plot & the effects were quite believable. I wish it had more special effects as far as the exorcism goes. This is a film worthy of watching again. If you have any interest in this particular genre, this flick's for you. I'm happy with this purchase