Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 384 reviews
on January 4, 2016
For the longest time I hated horror movies. I often screamed, “Scary face, scary faces, scary faces” with my head buried in my guy’s shoulder and my hands covering my ears. You may not know it but covering ears helps not see things. I’m an expert ostrich and burying my head involves many things.

I loved the start of this movie, it’s done as a documentary. What you are watching is the film footage of the crew who is compiling the exorcism of a young girl. The pastor who the film features is a showman rather than a strong believer and in his opinion exorcism do nothing more than perpetuate a social myth of demons influencing them rather than dealing with true psychological reasons. Coton Marcus is going to Illinois to prove that exorcism is pure bunk.

I liked most of this story. It had great pacing, the suspense was fantastic, an homage to the thriller greats; it maintained the horror elements of The Exorcist. Then… it went to the crapper. The end is uninspired and a complete disappointment. If it were possible I would love the option to follow my own story for the climax. Even if the choices were the original ending and My Little Pony ending, I would chose Pinky Pie every time.
on April 23, 2017
I can’t say why so many reviewers were unhappy about this film but perhaps they expected it to be a horror film based on the description and/or trailer… and it’s not. It’s not even much of a thriller and much more of a comedy with the preacher debunking exorcisms and the gullible folks he preaches to and scams. As the film gets closer to the end you can clearly see something else is going on that’s clearly not part of the exorcism spoofing and things turn a bit more dreadful for the cast and crew. What’s really good about this film is the acting and you have to wonder how a director can get so much out some no-names and the “stars” of Hollywood can do little more than mumble some lines and sleepwalk through their scenes in multi-million dollar “blockbusters”. Overall, I’d say it’s a mild thriller with a lot clever wit with some surprising results. I don’t like the jerky camera movies and would disagree with some that it’s a problem in this movie. It’s not Exorcist and don’t expect to see anything similar so just watch it for what it is… a very good movie with some stellar acting.
on November 3, 2015
I thought that THE LAST EXORCISM was one of the better done movies in this genre of demonic possession. I was very surprised because I hadn't seen any of the actors in anything before and they all did a very good job with their characters. I thought the leading male that played the Pastor was excellent and also totally believable, as were the members of the "Sweetzer Family".It was a clever plot with plenty of suspense and I never would've guessed the ending, which was great, surprising and memorable!
on March 6, 2016
This movie is dreadful! I feel like I just wasted the last hour and a half of my life. The first hour is painfully slow, and then last thirty-ish minutes are completely absurd. There are so many ridiculous twists and turns, it feels like the writers were working on a dare to see just how many different plot lines they could throw into the mix. If you take all the exorcism movies ever made, throw them into a bucket, and pull out and hour and a half's worth of random scenes, then you have this movie. Don't waste your time and money.
on April 19, 2017
The movie was always about the preacher's lack of faith and disbelief in God and the devil. Though the twists and turns are pretty silly, that moment close to the end with the preacher was what the movie was all about. As for the odd plot twists, was the girl possessed at some times and not at others? I don't know. Good luck :)
on April 7, 2017
Found Footage & Documentary are excuses for laziness, in a movie there is a shot change every 3-5 seconds, that's a lot of editing and post-production, but you get the result. If someone is going to be lazy about the visuals, my guess is, they'll be lazy about everything else. These are not 'genres' they're excuses. The storyline here is very interesting, and the sweet, Amish type girl that's possessed is perfect for the part, as is everyone else. The 'documentary' style means they don't have to create a storyboard and so have no idea how to pace anything, which is why you get the "nothing much and everything in the last 5 minutes" effect. If you have a secret Satanic Society & don't mention it, just glimpse it at the end, then something is wrong. A 'real' movie would have explored this, shown creepy hints, things that are 'off', we get nothing of this. A slow story about a fake preacher who's out of his depth for 97% run time, then 3% of Satanists, Demons, violence, mayhem, then End. Not good. Wasted effort.
on December 23, 2012
I actually liked this movie. It had a well thought out plot & the effects were quite believable. I wish it had more special effects as far as the exorcism goes. This is a film worthy of watching again. If you have any interest in this particular genre, this flick's for you. I'm happy with this purchase
on April 5, 2017
Very strong movie. Not the best in the genre, but it kept my interest the whole time. As far as found footage movies, it beats The Blair Witch Project in my book.
on April 13, 2017
This is a good entry into the found footage horror genre. The motivations for filming were clear, the characters well defined, and the plot built momentum through the very end.
on April 18, 2017