Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 182 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 390 reviews
on November 3, 2015
I thought that THE LAST EXORCISM was one of the better done movies in this genre of demonic possession. I was very surprised because I hadn't seen any of the actors in anything before and they all did a very good job with their characters. I thought the leading male that played the Pastor was excellent and also totally believable, as were the members of the "Sweetzer Family".It was a clever plot with plenty of suspense and I never would've guessed the ending, which was great, surprising and memorable!
on April 24, 2017
This was a decent horror movie filmed in a kind mocking view trying to debunk possessions and needs for exorcisms by a daring young minister and his small crew. It really impressed me by the quality, script, acting and special effects. I don't want to spoil it , but there was also a twist which also kept you on the edge of your seat. Once in a great while, you will run across a really good horror/thriller, and this is one....
on February 17, 2012
4 Stars = Classic

Ok, we all know there has been a glut of mocumentary films after the original, "The Blair Witch Project," which I found entertaining. It delivered some good atmosphere of dread & suspense, but I don't worship the digital camera it is made from. I've found several movies in the same vein I like better, "Cloverfield," "Monsters, "Troll Hunter" to name a few. I've found many I did not, like "Paranormal Activity."

This film falls in to the better category for me, with excellent acting, pacing, story, script, & one creepy performance by Ashley Bell as Nell Sweetzer, who may be possessed or not? You'll have to wait & see. Also, Patrick Fabian as Cotton Marcus, puts on a admirable acting job as the flimflam minster, who makes money off of ignorance & misery, but his karma may be catching up to him.

The ending is some what ambiguous, like the "Blair Witch Project," but it is a hell of a ride getting there!

Creepy!
on April 5, 2017
Very strong movie. Not the best in the genre, but it kept my interest the whole time. As far as found footage movies, it beats The Blair Witch Project in my book.
on November 7, 2015
Don't be fooled this is not a movie it is somewhere between a documentary and a movie. Said another way it is a movie shot as a documentary, in fact it is a movie about making a documentary :) Unfortunately it kind of lacks enough of both documentary and movie to leave you with a somewhat confused experience when everything's said and done.
on February 3, 2014
An evangelical minister allows a documentary crew to film him at a time in his life when his faith is deeply shaken. When summoned to conduct an exorcism on a farmer's daughter, the minister's faltering faith plays a key role in the preceding. There is also mixed feelings within the family which is obviously dysfunctional. It is a pretty good movie, a weird twist at end.
on January 4, 2016
For the longest time I hated horror movies. I often screamed, “Scary face, scary faces, scary faces” with my head buried in my guy’s shoulder and my hands covering my ears. You may not know it but covering ears helps not see things. I’m an expert ostrich and burying my head involves many things.

I loved the start of this movie, it’s done as a documentary. What you are watching is the film footage of the crew who is compiling the exorcism of a young girl. The pastor who the film features is a showman rather than a strong believer and in his opinion exorcism do nothing more than perpetuate a social myth of demons influencing them rather than dealing with true psychological reasons. Coton Marcus is going to Illinois to prove that exorcism is pure bunk.

I liked most of this story. It had great pacing, the suspense was fantastic, an homage to the thriller greats; it maintained the horror elements of The Exorcist. Then… it went to the crapper. The end is uninspired and a complete disappointment. If it were possible I would love the option to follow my own story for the climax. Even if the choices were the original ending and My Little Pony ending, I would chose Pinky Pie every time.
on January 11, 2016
Exorcism without the loud sound effects and unrealistic captures.
Never liked this type of movies, yet this one is very well done, script and filming all worked very well making it so real.
"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is the best I've seen
on May 6, 2015
This movie is okay. A few scares here and there and a very surprised ending. I would recommend to anyone who thinks about purchasing it only as a rental and not one that you must add in the collection.
on November 23, 2015
An interesting take on the exorcism theme. There weren't as many "holes" in the story, which I've experienced in a number of recent horror films. Overall, I enjoyed the plot, characters and pace of the film.