- File Size: 2199 KB
- Print Length: 237 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: September 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B075W74R57
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #51,576 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Last Flight of the Acheron Kindle Edition
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2) Any course language present : Does toss in a fair amount of f-bombs and the sh-word making this an adult read which is more my style of read
3) Type of book : Sci-fi military action pitting mankind in a space battle against an alien race (Tahni) competing for the colonization of other worlds
4) Formatting/Editing : Fairly crisp with little glaring errors I noticed
5) Best/Worst aspect of book : Hit most of the high points for me as to action elements keeping the story line moving at a brisk pace and amusing to think an alien race out there may have some screwy religious beliefs
6) Favorite Passage : Couple of humorous passages such as "She was a severe woman with a grim frown that could have been weaponized and declared a war crime with little effort" and 'Why don't they provide some nice pew-pew sounds too? I wondered inanely. Then it'd be just like a bad war movie.'
7) Bottom-line : Enjoyed the book so would read another from this author
Most recent customer reviews
The military is not well built.Read more