- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 8 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Wayne F Perkins
- Audible.com Release Date: July 10, 2017
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B073RQ92DD
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Last Flight of the Daisy Mae: A Story of Heroism and Hope at 17,000 Feet Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2) Any course language present : One use of the sh-word, several of the dam* word and maybe two dozen instances of the hel* word making it comparatively light given this is a war book (Famous marine motto "Hold Midway Until Hell Freezes Over" mentioned several times as example)
3) Type of book : Fitting tribute of a great American WW2 B-24 gunner authored/edited by two of his children
4) Formatting/Editing : Well done
5) Best/Worst aspect of book : Bit sentimental at time tho well worth it as to actual events a bombing crew experienced during WW2 in the Pacific Theater
6) Favorite Passage : Would be "Angels are flying with you now" tho book is sprinkled with interesting facts about the war like number of bombers turned out at different plants, how deadly the Battle of Stalingrad became and how the US Marines fought of the Japanese on Wake Island for 13 days (Found a History Channel documentary online that was excellentto view!)
7) Bottom-line : Very good book and I do recommend!
I had no idea it was based on a true story.
I'm glad I hung in there!