Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 93 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 106 reviews
on November 29, 2012
I'm one of the few straight males who enjoys watching this show. I've literally watched every episode. I currently own seasons 1-4 and I will get season 5 as soon as it goes on sale. Season 3, however, is the worst season of Gossip Girl. It focused way too much on Jenny and Vanessa, two of my least favorite characters on Gossip Girl. Vanessa dated Dan for the majority of the season, and since she's a boring character, there was nothing interesting about their relationship. Even the menage a trois episode wasn't that interesting. Jenny started wearing that ridiculous raccoon makeup and tried to be the new Blair at Constance. I quickly got tired of her antics. Chuck and Blair dated, but as any real GG fan knows, Chuck's pursuit of Blair was way more interesting than Chuck actually being with Blair. The only episode I liked was the finale ("Last Tango, then Paris"). Season 2 was by far the best season. The first half of season 4 was excellent. Season 5 was pretty good. Don't get this season.
on July 22, 2010
Let me start out by saying Gossip Girl is one of my favorite shows on television. I find it to be absolutely delightful, a definite guilty pleasure. Seasons 1 and 2 were 10 out of 5 stars, and after the season 2 finale, I was anticipating season 3 to be the best year yet. I mean, Chair finally happened!!

But something changed in season 3. Blair was no longer the Queen B, and I feel like she became a slightly weaker character, which really upset me (She was always my favorite). Serena, especially in later episodes, became more of a spoiled brat, then the charming Serena of previous seasons. And Jenny, oh Jenny, please cut your hair and wash your face before you return to the Upper East Side in Season 3. I could hardly stand Jenny whenever she came on screen.

However, the show was still very good. We got to see an entirely different side of Chuck Bass, which I loved. He had a wayy sexier haircut and wardrode as well this season. But, he finally grew up. I still loved all of the Chuck and Blair scenes, they were adorable. Nate, too, finally seemed to grow a backbone. And of course, the season was wrought with OMG moments, especially the finale. All in all, it was still a very good season, just not quite as good as the previous ones. I still recommend it of course, and look forward to season 4.
on January 26, 2011
I'm a coming-of-age genre fan, so Gossip Girl is right up my alley. The season started a little slowly, but it picked up pace toward the end. Mostly it was the same-old, same-old, just with grown-up clothing and with more serious consequences for actions. Still, I recommend it to anyone who has followed the series, because the last half of the season left several dangling threads for season 4. And from the promo, season 4 should pick up right where 3 left off, which I think will be better than the gap between 2 and 3.
on December 15, 2016
This season is so full of drama that I had to take a break. They're in college now so it's fun. But the last few episodes show Jenny unravel and turn into shocking conclusions.
on January 17, 2011
Season 3 was mostly about chuck and blair in a relationship and while i ADORE those two, I kept waiting for the next episode where there will be some HOT chuck and blair sex like in season 1 and 2 but alas, it NEVER happened! this royally PISSED me off but like the title of this review implies, I love chuck and blair and they are the ONLY reason I watch gossip girl. there were a lot of sweet moments and that was why i bought the dvd, also there were some slightly hot scenes between chuck and blair that were in deleted scenes. I LOVE CHUCK AND BLAIR FOREVER, NOW AND ALWAYS!!!!!!
on July 31, 2016
The only problem that I had with this DVD and it's delivery was it's case had a cut and I thought one of the DVD's would be scratched, but it wasn't.
on February 24, 2013
I purchased this DVD set a year ago, I was disappointed to see that it was a bootleg copy when I wanted to rewatch the season. The container it came in was broken and DVDs do not sit in place, but I let it slide because I thought that was due to shipping. However, the pictures on the DVDs and container had poor quality pictures on them. I wish I paid more attention to this when I first opened the package.
on June 5, 2016
I love this show! I never watched it on tv but one of my friends recommended it and I watched and I loved it!
on December 3, 2016
as said in an other review, love the show.
series came in good condition
on April 28, 2016