|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $7.00 (64%)
The Last Warrior of Unigaea: A LitRPG Trilogy Kindle Edition
|Length: 264 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Last Warrior of Unigaea: A LitRPG Trilogy
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
In this avator's life as a Player Killer, Oric befriended a giant black wolf, which he called Wolf. Together, they traveled on odd jobs/quests to build up his avator for the confrontation against Drachma Killers until he realized that there are more at stakes than his thirst for vengeance.
I love how descriptive the character, Oric gives in describing the world of Unigaea. Not only does this story is from Oric's point of view, it also integrates the gaming motion of stating whenever a quest is involved or when Oric kills a characters with "Insta-Kill". This is so much like a video game. This book deserves a 4.5 stars rating.
I, for one, do play video games from time to time just because I love the storyline and want to know what happens next. I do strongly recommends video gamers to read this book. It is too bad that the closest to playing video only reach third dimension. Imagine what fun if it reaches fifth dimension.
The narrators Jeff Hays and Annie Ellicott does an excellent job in performing the story. I especially love the narrator, Jeff Hays' voice and reaction to Oric. He made the character alive in the video game world of Unigaea. I would love to hear him in other audiobooks.
I was given this audiobook by the author. I have volunteered to write an unbiased review for this book. I was not compensated or influenced in any way for writing this review. (I also personally owned a copy of the book which I purchase myself.)
Class: Level 8 Player Killer
Subclass: Level 3 Herbalist
INFAMY: 38 Players killed
Fights group of orcs for chance to kill the players in the group. Because of his chosen class, every time the MC kills 5 players he receives a free stat point. Unfortunately for his opponents, when they die they lose their character and have to start all over from scratch.
It’s revealed fairly early in the story that the MC chose the class Player Killer to get powerful enough to get revenge against a guild of player killers that destroyed the village he helped create. The class is detested by everyone, players and NPCs but the MC feels it’s a worthwhile trade off to get strong enough to destroy the Drachma Killers.
The main character goes on a bunch of adventures where he meets various interesting and seemingly broken people. He then learns about a huge threat to the game world he’s chosen to live in and goes to deal with that.
The game mechanics in the story are solid and I appreciate the novelty of creating a permadeath world and incorporating a class like Player Killer. There’s a bit of crafting and lots of action. Banter between characters is fairly funny.
However, the thing that stops the story from getting a better score is that I never really empathize with the main character. I don’t understand his motivations and even though he’s portrayed as a ‘man who has nothing to lose’ he also wants people to like him, despite his chosen class. He’s not a reluctant hero. He’s definitely not a villain or an anti-hero. I’m not sure what he is besides a decent person, which makes his choice of becoming the thing that destroyed his last life a little out of character.
Overall, better than an ok read. Plenty of action and humor. The use of Player Killer as a character class was neat. Unfortunately, I just never connected with the main character. I listened to part of the audiobook version and sort of like that better than the written version.
Score: 6 out of 10
I am always in awe of authors who can switch from writing a fight scene one moment, humour the next, and then come out with a set of words relating to their story, but also so true to now:
'Unlike the real world, one can live any number of experiences here, regardless of any social class, country, or religious underpinnings that may restrict them up there.
Gaming is the new liberty.'
That brought shivers down my spine! Fantastic.
I really enjoyed this tale of Oric Rune, looking for vengeance, but gaining friends and enemies on the way (whether he wanted to or not!). Cooper's trademark action-packed and riveting storytelling is full of surprises, laughs and fun. You won't be disappointed.
I loved this and can't wait for the next books. I was given an ARC of this book which I voluntarily read and honestly reviewed.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Activities, Puzzles & Games > Science Fiction & Fantasy Gaming > Dungeons & Dragons
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Cyberpunk
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > TV, Movie, Video Game Adaptations