Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 1, 2011, 6:43:57 PM PDT
Jackey says:
I really hope this is the last book. This series has been dragged out long enough. In the begining it was pretty good, but now it's just time to end.

Posted on Aug 5, 2011, 4:31:28 PM PDT
i totally agree. I can't believe she's adding in yet another temping hot thing to try to sway Zoey. uggg.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011, 9:32:14 PM PDT
I don't mind a series with a ton of books.. but good god, let's move on from the same theme! I woldn't have minded if Zoey triumphed three books ago and took on some new stuff

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011, 6:07:40 PM PDT
Missy Miller says:
Back in the day I had read the series was planned to be around 9 books. Well, now they're (or their publisher is?) milking the cash cow. To quote from PC Cast's Blog on May 9th:

"Oh, to recap: DESTINED will be released in OCTOBER 25TH NO, IT'S NOT THE LAST HON BOOK. No, I don't know for sure how many there will be, but I can't finish the story in DESTINED."

*sigh* I got sick of the non-stop repetitiveness of the same problems Zoey runs into around book 7. I keep reading the series in hopes that it will make its way out of purgatory, but it has lost a lot of its fun for me.

Posted on Aug 21, 2011, 9:06:15 AM PDT
E. Cleveland says:
After the fifth guy came in that she drooled and couldn't decide over, it pretty much killed the series for me. O_O Seriously?? I guess she is acting like contemporary teen though! :p (Yes I am dissing my own generation - you are allowed to do that as long as its your own, right? :) )

Posted on Aug 29, 2011, 11:49:12 AM PDT
I've pretty much had enough. If she had done it in six or seven, I'd have been okay with it. Last I heard, she's shooting for a dozen. No thanks.

Mike

Posted on Sep 1, 2011, 9:57:28 AM PDT
ima start boycotting this series i think because i am tired of her banging or lusting after every hot guy that comes along.....after Stark came in i hoped that was it because im getting tired of this Harem Zoey has. if i was her bf i would break up with her because i cant stand how shes so easily swayed by a pretty face.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 4:32:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2011, 4:33:37 PM PDT
I agree. it's getting a bit....replayed. And Zoey the ho? Get over yourself already. I'm hoping against hope that maybe we'll get some new themes going in these last few and finish the series with a bang....not a bomb...Don't get me wrong, i still like the series; i just don't want to be disappointed.

Posted on Sep 14, 2011, 10:15:38 AM PDT
Nom Nom says:
I heard that there's supposed to be 12 books? I honestly thought we'd be done after Hunted or Burned, I forget which one. I'm honestly done with no one trying to do something about Neferet. That's really what's dragging the series on. If they would just finally get rid of her, we'd be done by now. I still love the series. I just wish it didn't dragged on like that.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 3:57:55 PM PDT
AquaVenatus says:
I met the authors two years ago and they said that there are going to be 12 books in the series.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011, 11:14:30 AM PDT
C. Bennett says:
There is going to be a new series, a sequel about Stevie Rae. I think its all the books, just in Stevie Rae's POV.

Posted on Oct 11, 2011, 11:36:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2011, 11:38:13 AM PDT
D. Wolf says:
What my daughter & I get tired of is her just handing you the plot points before they "happen" in the story. Oh look...A is going to cause B to occur. Then read a bit, and what do you know...? "A" happens which brings us to "B". Who woulda thunk it? It's like the writing is dumbed down to drag you along.

Oh, and what happened in past books is regurgitated to remind us what happened in the last few books. Have faith in your readers to remember! With all of this looking ahead and behind, there isn't as much actual story happening in each book. Perhaps that's how it can be dragged out to 12 books for the series. That is why I read the books from the library and do not buy them. Not worth my money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011, 12:29:56 PM PST
DavisJes says:
Aurox is not another "temping hot thing" for Zoey. He has Heath's soul and even though he doesn't remember Zoey and their relationship something deep down does.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011, 12:30:49 PM PST
DavisJes says:
I originally heard there was going to be 12 books total.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011, 12:31:43 PM PST
DavisJes says:
I would just love a book about Stevie Rae.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2012, 7:50:25 AM PDT
book 10 "hidden" out 10-16-2012
hope it is the last one, cant take much more
not as enthused to go buy them nomore.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about
Destined (House of Night Novels)
Destined (House of Night Novels) by P. C. Cast (Hardcover - October 25, 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars (603)