- File Size: 4747 KB
- Print Length: 174 pages
- Publisher: Morgan James Publishing (August 16, 2016)
- Publication Date: August 16, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01HXWN630
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #729,627 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$17.95|
Save $16.96 (94%)
Launching to Leading: How B2B Market Leaders Create Flashmobs, Marshal Parades and Ignite Movements Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- From Gartner's Hank Barnes (@barnes_hank) : "The light bulb moment for me, and what got me so enthralled, was Ken's simple, but critical concept-moving from identifying unique value to establishing a viewpoint. That idea captures the essence of my feelings about positioning and storytelling..." (full commentary here - buff.ly/2baTfrm )
- From Costanoa Venture's Greg Sands (@gsands) - "...Ken's book certainly provides a powerful and proven roadmap to market leadership"
- From Digital Pi's Tom Grubb (@ThomasGrubb) - "Messaging and positioning can make or break Marketing Automation ROI. Read this book, get it right, and get the most from your marketing technology investments"
- From Zscaler's Atri Chatterjee (@Atrichatt) - "Unlike giving you a formula to blindly apply, Ken gives you a proven framework to create your own route to success"
- From Thought Leaders Global's Matt Church (@mattchurch) - "The Breakthrough mindset in Launching to Leading is for the whole business, not just marketing...the perfect storm for competitive advantage"
- From FireEye's Phil Lin - "Ken captures the essence of how to breakthrough in today's crowded markets"
From the Back Cover
- Greg Sands, Founder and Managing Partner, Costanoa Venture Capital
Launching to Leading shows you how to breakthrough and lead by:
- Getting more AND better leads; breaking the quantity vs. quality trade-off
- Improving key marketing and revenue metrics by 6x or more
- Finally capturing the promised ROI from your marketing automation and content marketing investments
- Planning and executing your journey up the market leadership success ladder; from launching and participating to leading and transforming
- Learning from the real life success stories of B2B technology providers in Silicon Valley and other innovators like high school football coaches, airlines and even a circus
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In contrast, Launching to Leading stands out for its concise, realististic approach, taking you through the steps that will help you differentiate your products/services in a noisy, crowded marketplace. The author complements his marketing expertise with the ability to convey concepts and tell stories, a rare combination of talent that will keep the reader's attention.
This is a great guide for someone involved with a startup or small company, but I can imagine that it would also be helpful for any marketing professional who wants to gain some fresh perspectives on how to approach customers and build market share.
In “Launching to Leading”, the author explains that because of the changing B2B market and buyer, we need a new approach to marketing. He explains that the biggest challenges to getting noticed and winning are information overload, independent yet connected buyers, and crowded markets. The book addresses all three challenges and there’s a lot to the title of this book.
“Launching to Leading” describes successive stages or levels toward market leadership. The author describes a company’s “launching” as being just one amongst many companies, where they focus on the product and making its presence known in the market. Unfortunately, many companies get stuck here because they are fighting a content marketing battle based on features and benefits. In this stage, competitors are quickly commoditizing benefits. But, if companies can break through to the next stage, beyond features and benefits, they are able to articulate meaningful and unique customer value.
In this stage they are messaging around value statements that have actual payback for customers and are unique to their company and not easily copied by the competition. The reward for this can be a 2-3x improvement in leads to revenue. Most companies don’t make it beyond this stage, however, because they are still too close to their product, enamored with its features and overly focused on style rather than substance.
The next stage is the most interesting and compelling. That’s what the author describes as “Breaking Through” and this is where companies can reframe, or tilt the entire playing field toward them by using “viewpoint stories.” A viewpoint story converges on the biggest business changes impacting your customers and the most disruptive benefits that your solution delivers in response to those changes. With these levels achieved, the final level of market leadership can be attained that builds momentum and and drives both revenue and shareholder returns dramatically upward.
A big part of the book shows you how to go about building the viewpoint story, which ultimately has just four parts. It’s ingeniously simple, but not simple to develop. Fear not – the book walks you through all the details of how to create and implement it. I found the viewpoint story concept so compelling that I’m implementing it for the marketing of my business.
And to listen to an interview with Ken Rutsky about Launching to Leading, visit MarketingBookPodcast.com
Top international reviews
The market dynamics are indeed radically different than they were even up until a very small number of years ago - and as such a genuinely new approach, as generously provided in the book - has become absolutely essential.
Whereas every other business marketing book I've read (a lot of them!) focused on essentially better or different tactics based on a now outmoded strategy / paradigm, Ken Rutsky's book outlines and details the major shift in viewpoint necessary to succeed now and into the foreseeable future.