- File Size: 323 KB
- Print Length: 208 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1633760235
- Publisher: Sophie Dawson Novels (August 19, 2017)
- Publication Date: August 19, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B074MJW8LQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#265,727 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #914 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Westerns > Christian
- #953 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Westerns
- #1381 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Western & Frontier
|Print List Price:||$9.49|
Save $6.50 (68%)
Laundry Lady's Love: Christian Historical Fiction (Stones Creek Ladies of Sanctuary House Book 1) Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Cover art - Eye catching.
2) Book stats -
-- Title - Laundry Lady's Love: Christian Historical Fiction (Ladies of Sanctuary House Book 1)
-- Author - Sophie Dawson
-- Page count - 144
-- Release date - August 19, 2017
-- Series - Book 1 of Ladies of Sanctuary House Series
Note: Extension of the Stone Creek Series.
I had read one other book by this author (the first in the Stone Creek Series) so it was nice to meet people in this book who I already knew.
What makes a 5 star book?
1) Do I like the main characters?
2) Can I visualize scenes in the book?
3) Does the "main" story in this book have an ending? Or does it just stop?
4) Are there grammar error, typos, wrongly used words that disrupt the flow of the story?
5) If the book is a series, do I want to read the next one? Or the books that came before this one?
1 - YES ... 2 - YES ... 3 - YES ... 4 - NO ... 5 - YES
Let's add a few more for Christian books:
6) If it is advertised as a "clean" read, was it?
7) Do the Biblical references make sense within the context of the story or do they feel dropped in just because?
8) Does the story feel "preachy" meaning is that the MAIN focus? Are the characters reacting in an unbelievable way? (Preachy books, IMHO, tend to force characters to be over-the-top in words and deeds.)
9) Does the story "teach" as well as entertain? (extra points for a Yes to this one)
6 - YES ... 7- Yes -- fit the context of the scene in the book. ... 8 - Very believable characters. Not "preachy". ... 9 - YES - some outstanding teaching in this book.
And finally my ultimate rating: Would I want to read this book again? YES!!!
Prepare for a fun read. Prepare for various emotions. For example: I laughed out loud. I cried. Yes, literally cried. I chuckled. I rolled my eyes.
Prepare to find out what it was like during these years if an illness hit a community. I can take you to a family grave site in Missouri where you will find multiple tombstones of the same family. Within a week a man lost his wife and all his children.
Find out what doing laundry was like by hand. ALL of it. I got to experience this myself for about two weeks 50 years ago. At least I didn't have to use the same SOAP use in this period of history.
I laughed out loud during one scene involving the children putting on a Christmas program. One of Forrest Gump's saying came to mind. But mostly it brought back memories of my own school programs.
I want to go to this town. I want to meet these people. Eat at the Cafe & overeat at the adjoining Bakery. I want to meet the Pastor. The doctor. The other ladies in the Sanctuary house. I think you'll feel the same after reading this first book in the Ladies of Sanctuary House Series.