- Item Weight: 3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
- ASIN: B003VEHHBW
- Average Customer Review: 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #437,269 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
Lavish Old Fashion Instant Oatmeal - Dark Chocolate - 5 Pouches per 6.15-oz. Box (Pack of 3 Boxes)
Customers Also Shopped For
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Finding the product: If you are flirting with the idea of buying this stuff online, I will say I was in the same boat. I was tempted about three times to purchase it from vendors commanding quite a premium. I held out hope I would find it for less and finally I did. Meijer sells a box of five packets for 1.99 (look in the hot cereal section).
2) The consistency of the product: One thing I love about BetterOats is that all oatmeal products are packaged in a bag that has a fill line. The user uses the bag as a device to determine how much water is needed for the oatmeal. I'm one of those folks that always uses too little water, which leads to a gluey, unsatisfying mess. If you use the bag to measure the water you need, your oatmeal will never be dry or soupy.
3) The flavor: It's good. It's not overly sweet and definitely not bitter. I guess I expected more chocolate morsels, which a person could definitely add on their own. It simply was not as decadent as I had hoped for. I actually prefer the company's chai or peaches and cream options, which have relatively vibrant flavor profiles.Read more ›
I LOVE chocolate, but generally steer clear of most instant oatmeals because they lack that chewy, whole oat texture and are typically loaded up with things I'd prefer to not eat.
This oatmeal has it all... a great texture, perfectly balanced dark chocolate flavor (with real chocolate morsels), an ingenious self-measuring pouch (for the water), and a terrific price point.
I'm hoping Amazon will carry it soon, as I am already addicted to this delicious product!
This is a fabulous oatmeal - I only use one packet at a time, whereas with the "other" instant oatmeal, I had to use two to feel full through lunch. Also, this is great with a little nut butter (peanut, almond, hazelnut) mixed in - like a no-bake cookie for breakfast!
The first time I tried this brand was at a tasting booth at the grocer's. I was hooked. Texture? Check. Taste? Check. Healthy? You betcha! As time went along, better oats released more flavors, and then came chocolate.
Chocolate oatmeal? Is this even possible? I can't imagine how many additives are in there! Probably one of the worst things to eat in the morning next to poptarts! WRONG. This oatmeal is delicious, and yes HEALTHY!
Take some time to chop up a couple strawberries and you've got yourself chocolate covered strawberry oatmeal...THATS HEALTHY! Finally, mom can't object to eating dessert for breakfast anymore, as long as it's lavish dark chocolate oatmeal :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am a chocolate lover and I will try anything that contains it. I must admit that I was skeptical of eating chocolate OATMEAL. Read morePublished on February 11, 2013 by Danielle Y. Ramirez
Dark chocolate oatmeal that's healthy sounds like a great idea, right? In theory yes. But in practice, this product is just a disappointment. It smelled gross cooking. Read morePublished on June 4, 2012 by Juls