Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Season 13
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on September 25, 2014
Addicted. The music, the hand-held camera work, the dialogue, the human drama. I can't get enough of Law and Order SUV but like the courtroom original (just plain Law and Order). I like Law and Order CI as well, but tire more easily of Vincent D'Onofrio's mania when I'm not in the mood.
on January 31, 2014
I have always enjoyed Law and Order SVU as well as the other Law and Order shows. SVU is my favorite though.

UPDATE:

Ever since Stabler left, this show has gone downhill fast. It is devolving into a night-time soap opera versus true drama. Benson plays a weak lead and her acting has tanked dramatically. She wears the same expression on her face throughout the episodes as though she has OD'd on botox. The writing has grown stale and there has been no one to replace the combination of attitude, conflict (internal + external), presence, warrior, and family man that Stabler portrayed throughout every season. I no longer watch every episode. Too many of them are about why we need to become a sterilized, PC society void of any opinion that may hurt someone's feelings.
on April 10, 2015
Normally I do not watch this program. In fact I am pretty sure I have never seen it but being a Natasha Lyonnne fan I was intrigued to see what this episode was like. It was actually a well acted show with a good plot. I'd recommend this to others.
on February 9, 2012
I needed a new episode, for my LAW & ORDER: SVU addiction. This one DEFINITELY DELIVERED!! "FATHER'S SHADOW", much like every other LAW & ORDER SVU episode, keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat. Although, it may take L&O "fanatics" a while to get over the absence of "Detective Stabler; "Benson" most assuredly keeps viewers tuned in. The father in this episode; is a self-absorbed and malacious creature, who spins any web of deceit that he deems necessary to keep his son in the web of lies. Unfortunately everyone that the father comes into contact with pays the price for this. Throughout the ups and downs of this episode, the question at the back of the viewer's mind is that, "if the root of a tree is corrupted and poisonous; then does that poison extend to any and all fruit which comes from that tree"? One could argue for either side of that answer. But one thing is for certain; the viewer of LAW & ORDER: SVU will always come away from the episode knowing that their mind and heart have been full engaged, by all of the characters that make the show worth viewing every time. L&O sets the standard for great T.V. viewing.
on May 25, 2013
SVU had been a great show for a while (from the 3rd season onwards). But for the last few seasons, it seemed to have lost its way: focusing on the soap operas of Elliott and his marriage and Olivia and her desire to be a parent; increasing unbelievability of story lines (the "Dale Stuckey Crime Genius" anyone?); the sympathy of the detectives for the criminals; and the lack of rotation in the unit (we keep hearing that "the average stay in SVU is 2 years" but they've been there for 10+ and yet none of them are depressed, psychotic, or disturbed?? please!).

However, with the new additions to the cast, and a return to "crime-focused stories", it seems to have re-envigorated the show, one of the best on tv. Hope it keeps it up. (Though, I do wish they would go back to some more believable story-lines again).
on August 23, 2013
Every since Elliot Stabler (Chris Meloni) left the show, people said it would die in the ratings. Well, Olivia Benson (Mariska Hartigay) is carrying the show and Kelli Giddish as Amanda Rollins makes a great supporting character.
However, I could take or leave the Danny Pino character and the actor that plays it. Without both Meloni and Hartigay, I believe the show would die. One star leaving the show may be OK, but two leaving the show ? Bye bye show.

The rest of the supporting cast is terrific, as usual, but they are not the stars of the show and can't carry it on their own.
Also, the writing remains very solid.
on October 5, 2013
It amazes me that the show is still fresh after so many seasons. The story lines continue to be interesting and watchable over repeated viewings. Stabler certainly was a central character, but his replacement has his own identity and demons. The new DA is quite different from the females he replaced, and he is a welcome change. (Harry Connick Jr. was on board for awhile, and he was very good.) I see no reason why this show can't continue for several more seasons (I'm still upset that Law & Order was cancelled after its twentieth season. Seasons 19 and 20 were among the finest).
on March 30, 2016
Season 13 one of the best. Great stories and easy to watch. Steadily declined after season 14. Not too good since replacing some of the characters. Especially referring to Munch, the captain, and especially Nick Amaro.
on February 17, 2014
If you love the SVU series then you will keep watching even though it has changed a little in this thirteenth season. If you watch MOST of the Law and Order spin offs you will start to ask yourself why SVU is dealing with most of these cases and not major case from Criminal Intent. The writing is different, the show is just not the same as it was before and I do not care for how they end each episode now. It leaves you without any closure for the most part. However, I am a big fan of the Law and Order series, so I will keep watching. Just do not go in expecting the same style :)
on May 1, 2013
It seemed strange not seeing ELLIOt on this show I do believe this show lost something very special.
But the new person that took Elliot's place is growing on me as a good replacement.
I just hope that Mariska can get over loseing a good partner but her training these two new detectives will in improve.
Now I notice that "Sergeant Munch" has taken over for the 'Captain" In seamed that this show is puting on new faces.
I'm also worried that this show may be going in other different direction.