Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 22, 2016
After Abigail enters a saloon where no "ladies" are allowed, she inadvertently causes a brawl and is arrested by the local marshal. Morgan knows he has no real cause to keep her in his jail, but can't help enjoy matching wits with the feisty lady. Abigail is on the run though, accused of a crime she didn't commit and afraid for her life. She needs a strong man who can protect her when her former lover comes calling, and who better than Morgan? When her past finally does catch up with her, Abigail can no longer abide putting the man she's fallen in love with in danger and runs away in an effort to keep him safe. Will Morgan be able to find her in time to save her from a ruthless villain, or will he lose the woman who has come to mean the world to him?

I really enjoyed this quick little novella which hooked me from the start. Both Abigail and Morgan were likable characters who cracked me up at times and fought just as passionately as they loved. The romance was smoking hot with explicit language at times and scorching love scenes. I was charmed with the small town feel this story had as well as Morgan's family members who I can't wait to read more about. However, I did feel that the romance moved too fast and I also had a hard time believing that Morgan never questioned why a "lady" who goes my Miss and was obviously never married, wasn't a virgin. Overall I found it to to be a fast/fun read though that was a nice way to escape from real life for a couple of hours and I look forward to more.
on May 5, 2016
Spoiler Ahead This was an ok read for me. This was the first book in a new series too me and this is the first time reading this author. Abigail Thornton is on the run from her ex when she is mistaken for a whore. Marshal Morgan Avery has just come in from a long, hard dirty man hunt and wants nothing more than a stiff drink and a night spent in the arms of one the saloon whores. Before he can even get to the bar, he is flattened by a pretty stranger that leads to a busted lip, a black eye, and more pain than he cares to endure. Having his evening thwarted, he throws the spitfire in jail until his temper cools and he gets to the bottom of the secret she is hiding. I liked Morgan a lot he was kind caring and loved his family he also used his position to get revenge. I also liked Abigail she was smart sassy and didn't back down. This book was a short quick read that I wished was longer. This book was well written with no errors in grammar or spelling. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
on May 26, 2014
There were a couple of scenes not appropriate for anyone under 18.

The story begins in Willow Creek, Montana Territory, 1869, where Abigail, on the run, comes to Willow Creek to marry a man she had never met. Upon learning her intended was unable to marry her, Abigail enters the town saloon wanting to talk to the stage driver, to see when the stage was leaving, and the events that followed are hilarious....and that is how she met the town's Marshall, and ends up in jail.

"The Lawman"s a quick, light read, and I enjoyed the humor.
4 helpful votes
on May 12, 2014
In the 1800's, it isn't easy for Abigail to run from the law. But when she enters the small remote town of Willow Creek, far removed from her earlier questionable life, Abigail meets Morgan Avery, the town's virile and handsome sheriff. Abigail realizes that this man is a good choice for the husband that she needs. When the sheriff provides a comfortable home and food for her, showing her care when she is limited in supporting herself, she falls in love with him. But then after nuptials and several months of a joyful new life, Fletcher Montgomery, the abusive man that forced her into her former life of crime tracks her to this haven. Abigail remembers the vicious murderous way that Fletcher killed another man. She doesn't want Morgan killed. Morgan's death would be her fault. Therefore, Abigail rushes to leave her loving husband, but her husband suspects that her escape from the town deals with her former life and what she hasn't told him. Morgan tracks her and Fletcher down and makes certain that his wife is shielded and that Fletcher, the man that framed his wife for murder, gets the punishment that he deserves.
on April 13, 2014
The Lawman takes place in 1869 and starts with Abigail running from her ex-lover. She decides to be a mail order bride and goes to Montana to meet the man she has agreed to marry but he has been arrested and not there to marry her. Even though she is out of money, she has to get back on the stage coach and keep moving or get married right away. She enters the saloon to get the stage coach driver and accidentally starts a brawl that destroys the bar. Marshal Morgan Avery walks in on the kayos and arrests her. He takes her to the jail and locks her in a cell.

This story is uniquely set in the time period. It both conforms with and goes against the times.

I liked the characters in The Lawman. Abigail was feisty and tried to get herself out of the problems she unknowingly created. I was surprised with how brazen Abigail was for that time period. Morgan was a good man and always wanted to do the 'right thing'. But the fact that he ALWAYS wanted sex lowered his appeal to me. When Abigail and Morgan got together, it felt more of a business arrangement than attraction for each other so that part wasn't believable.
on December 6, 2013
Abigail Thornton has found herself in a mountain of trouble. On the run from a mysterious man from her past, Abigail has become a mail order bride in order to escape the nightmare chasing her. Her intended groom is a no show, and out of money and ideas she now finds herself in the middle of a bar room brawl and carted off to jail by the handsome but obnoxious town Marshal.

As with all “new 2 me” authors, I always go in with a bit of trepidation. In this case I was also about to read a sub-genre that is not exactly in my wheelhouse. It has been quite awhile since I read a Western historical romance and I must say that I haven’t been enthralled by most of what I had read. Soooo not the case with this book. It had everything I deem necessary for a fantastic read.
First the hero (always my favorite element of any novel), Morgan was not a squeaky clean, self righteous lawman. He drank, whored, had a temper, and was not above using his position to get a little revenge on a smart mouthed, trouble causing lady. He was also kind, did his best as a Marshal, loved his family, and at the core of it all, a protector. Add to that the green eyes and (clears throat) his big gun, well Morgan is just about perfect.

Now onto the heroine, often the bane of my literary enjoyment. At first glance, Abigail struck me as your typical, scatterbrained, somewhat silly historical heroine, until I read for five minutes. When she struts into that saloon and causes that brawl, I was all “You go, girl!”. When she refuses to back down from the Marshal who throws her into a filthy, smelly jail cell, I admit I did a mental fist pump. No shy, silly miss, here. No sireee, Abigail has many, MANY layers. The best layer, IMHO, is the fact that she is best friends with her sexuality and not afraid to let it run free.

Although relatively short, The Lawman spans several months without any conspicuous interrupting of the story flow. The writing was fluid, the plot itself intriguing, the characters (many of which I hope to see in future Willow Creek novels) were enjoyable, well developed and multifaceted. The dialogued had great wit, snark and had me chuckling at quite a few passages. The heat content was quite a surprise. Go on with your bad self, Ms. Graison! This book was nuclear! Plenty of down and dirty, up and dirty, on the table and dirty, I ate it up. Do I as a picky, picky reviewer recommend this? You betcha!
on March 25, 2014
A woman forced into prostitution to survive escapes but is accused of the death of a man she helped to set up for swindling. She arrives in a new town with limited funds and hopes that Fletcher will not find her. She searches for the stagecoach driver in the saloon where there is a sign that says Women not Allowed. She doesn't understand why when she sees women on the inside. She enters, approaches bar and inquirers of bartender. One thing leads to another and she is unbelievably arrested by the town Marshall after being beaten some in the brawl. She is dissatisfied with her accommodations and he takes her to his home for the night. They eventually get married. She becomes pregnant and now Fletcher finds her. She runs to avoid him and save her husband not reaiizing had she told her husband the truth in the beginning she could have saved herself much hardship.
on September 6, 2016
Very cute story line. I am a sucker for this era of romance. Well written, funny, romantic, definitely would read it again.
on September 4, 2013
This was a good book. I really could see the imagery and felt a connection with the characters. The reasons that I could not give it another star was because they ended up married when they didn't even know each other. Its like "Hi," and they were getting married. (I know that this was what the author wanted because iy did lend to the story)
Plus, I don't think the author went into enough detail about the woman's past. I also got the impression that the woman had been a prostitute or close to it. Then you find out why the bad guy is chasing her. When things get settled (can ya tell Im trying NOT to spoil it?" After it is revealed who she is and what she was involved in, there was no real consequence. The male lead wasn't shocked or mad or even seem to care that this woman had been tied p in some serious stuff. Ok..lol...I do recommend the book though.
I think my faults with the book are minor compared to the fact it was a good love story
on July 29, 2013
This is the first book I ever read from Lily Graison and I loved it!! I love all her books.
I like the way the story was written. Some scenes between Morgan and Abby made me laugh. I'm a romantic at heart and I love the way he went after her when she left. This isn't the typical romance story line where the girl is a b***h through out most of the book because she is playing hard to get and then gives in and falls for the guy. This was a nice change of pace.