If your neighbors' lawn always resembles a beautiful green carpet while yours looks like something that would cost Tiger Woods several shots, you could use some practical help. Trust the Dummies folks--you really can
have a great lawn without breaking your back every weekend, spending a fortune on sod, or poisoning your pets. Lawn Care for Dummies
takes you through all the steps: choosing the right grass, planting the seed or laying the sod, installing an irrigation system, fertilizing, aerating, watering, and mowing. It also helps you avoid (or conquer) the Big Three: weeds, pests, and disease. Finally, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow--you get to enjoy your lawn! In the spirit of all Dummies books, there's a list of 10 lawn games at the end. Bocce, anyone?
From the Back Cover
"I would recommend this book to anyone starting a new lawn or improving an existing one." Kevin N. Morris, Director, National Turfgrass Evaluation Program "This is the one book you should have, keep handy, and use often!" Doug Fender, Executive Director, Turf Resource Center, Rolling Meadows, IL
Full Color Section Highlights Ideas for a Beautiful Lawn!
Grow a Lush Lawn a Cut Above the Rest! No matter where you live, what you do, or how many kids you have, you too can grow a great garden of grasses quickly and easily. Discover tons of time- and water-saving secrets for better planting, fertilizing, weeding, and mowing. With easy-to-follow instructions and lots of illustrations, Lawn Care For Dummies® brings you everything you need to know to grow a lawn that's the envy of the block! From Sod to Sunday Naps Your Complete Guide to Lawns
- Compare the pluses and minuses of planting seed, sod, sprigs, stolons, or plugs
- Choose a grass type that thrives in your climate
- Unearth winning techniques for repairing broken lawns
- Discover ten surefire ways to help drought-weary yards survive
- Control pests with environmentally friendly methods that are safe and effective
- Select alternative ground covers that are practical and good looking
- Install a permanent, in-ground irrigation system
Also look for Hungry Minds' Gardening For Dummies®
, the fun and easy way to grow a gorgeous garden!