Lawn Claws Garden and Yard Leaf Scoops, 45TA
|Price:||$10.96 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adjustable Elastic Handle Straps for Easy Grip
- Non Rusting, Wipe Clean or Hose Off Surface
- Easy Hang Storage, Long Lasting
- Great for Picking up or Spreading
- Great for the Every Day or Professional Gardener
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||1.97 x 11.8 x 14.5 inches|
|Manufacturer Part Number||45TA|
|Shipping Weight||0.6 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1. You can pick up 3 or 4 times the volume of leaves that you can gather with your gloved hands alone, whether bagging leaves or dumping them in the hopper of a leaf shredder.
2. When you have bagged or shredded all but the remnants of a pile of leaves, you can use one claw to "rake" the remnants onto the other claw, rather than dropping the claws and going to fetch a long-handled rake to finish up.
Also, I find that if you grip the claws back edges rather than putting your hands through the straps, you do not need to bend over so far when picking up leaves, much easier on your back.
In fact, I would recommend that the manufacturer produce a senior version with short foot-long handles for older people who have lost flexibility over the years.
As other reviews have mentioned, the claws do allow you to pick up a large quantity of leaves at one time and make it easy to grab the last bit of debris from the leaf pile. If bagging a significant amount of leaves each year, you'll cut down on total bagging time by several hours throughout the season.
The plastic is not thick or sturdy enough to accommodate grabbing large scoopfuls of leaves without bending backwards, which is frustrating. As well, the strap is basic velcro with too much stretch/give, and doesn't provide a snug enough fit between your hand and the claw surface. The result is having your hand slip out of the claw or having it slip to a position where leverage on the leaves being scooped is not maximized.
Summary: The claws are a great concept and this particular model does the job, sort of. I'd prefer to pay a little extra for a sturdier version with a better, more secure strap that won't leave the user fumbling mid-scoop. After a full weekend of use, I'm tempted to put these away and go back to the trusty old dustpan.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Every home should have a pair of these. I had a pair that were made in Australia but they finally wore out. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Antony Williams
These are great for gathering leaves and debris but they will crack. So be careful!Published 24 days ago by Amazon Customer
Simple but works great. Makes easy work of picking up trimmings from shrubs.Published 2 months ago by jacbruce
Great for picking up leaves and brush. Saves time and your hands.Published 2 months ago by ralph c.
Delivery as stated. Works great. These were replacements for old ones that finally wore out.Published 2 months ago by Johnnie & Mel Cunningham