- File Size: 904 KB
- Print Length: 374 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: January 31, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00B9J84FY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#317,079 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #253 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Mystery & Detective
- #3875 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- #4333 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Gay Fiction
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $8.00 (47%)
Laying Ghosts A Deputy Joe Novel Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
How he deals with a mystery that cuts him and his family so deeply, while at the same time trying to come to terms with the darker side of his gay persona in his relationship with Kabe, is plotted brilliantly and conveyed to us beautifully in Joe's totally unique and irrepressible down-home voice.
Joe must come to terms with the multi-faceted prism that surrounds the impending Peterson family reunion by dealing with the shock, disappointment, and even hatred of members of his very large family. That he has come to terms with their overall issue--his homosexuality and his love for Kabe--is one of the most satisfying undercurrents of this book's plot. He suffers the heartbreak of an antagonistic father and siblings, the perplexing reactions of his sometimes spacey mother, and the potential that his long deceased sister may have been murdered. On top of this he comes brutally face-to-face (or hands-to-throat) with his almost uncontrollable role of dominator in his sex life with Kabe.
The way Joe confronts and deals with all of these issues will have you rooting for him despite his pig-headedness and sometimes "uh-duh" persona. This book leaves you with a feeling that you could do with a little but more of this guy's story if author Buchanan would simply oblige with another sequel.
A lot happens in the book. Again, Joe and Kabe balance each other out so well. The BDSM relationship has gotten quite intense and more hard core. After a particular incident though, Joe starts wonder if it has gone too far. More of Kabe's background is revealed and we get to meet Joe's entire family as his parents return from their mission. The mystery in this book is also personal, as Joe looks into the 30 year old drowning death of his sister.
I was glad to finally have more insight into Kabe. His character really came into his own in this story and solidified his place as an equal partner to Joe.
My only real complaint about this one is poor editing. There were a lot of glaring grammatical errors/typos.
I LOVE joe and Kabe, I really hope their story continues
Most recent customer reviews
(And it is quite ghastly...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals