|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $12.01 (80%)
The Lazarus Succession Kindle Edition
|Length: 367 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Never miss a new release from Robert Dugoni
Follow Robert Dugoni for new book notifications, email exclusives and more. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The audiobook The Lazarus Succession: A Historical Mystery Thriller by Ken Fry, Narrated by Jack Wynters was one that I would not normally listen to, but since we all must step out of our comfort zone from time to time, I decided to give it a go. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! It was such a great listen, that I also purchased the Kindle copy to read at a later date! I will let you read the plot description on your own because I tend to give away too many details, and I don't want to ruin anything for you. I found it to be well-written and quite entertaining. I became fully engaged almost immediately, and I was able to finish it in two days. It is about 11-12 hours long, making it well worth your credit, in my opinion. :-) Thank you, Ken Fry! I definitely am looking forward to your next audiobook release!
The narration was fantastic!!! I have never had the opportunity to hear Jack Wynters narrate anything before this book. He was wonderful! I felt his tone, accents, pronunciation, and pace was right on! He was consistent throughout the entire book. I must say I was thoroughly impressed, and began to realize the true dedication and hard work that goes in to being a narrator. I would love to listen to more performances of his in the future. Way to go, Jack!
Overall, I rate this audiobook a 5/5 stars. If you enjoy this type of book, I am confident you will find The Lazarus Succession: A Historical Mystery Thriller by Ken Fry, Narrated by Jack Wynters very appealing! I also recommend it to others who, like myself, are looking to find a different type of listen than what they are used to hearing. I'm looking forward to also reading the Kindle copy I purchased because, as we all know, we tend to have a different experience reading than we do listening, good and not-so-good. I'm sure the second time around will be just as good, if not better because I always come across new discoveries and parts I may have missed or not focused on as much when I went through it the first time. I'm happy I decided to take a step outside of the box...and defintiely pleased with my choice of book with which to do it!
Thank you so much for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. :-)
The genre of religious thriller was propelled into the public consciousness by Dan Brown, and anyone following in his footsteps has big boots to fill. In many ways, Fry's book is superior to those featuring Robert Langdon. It is faster, sexier and more grown-up, for a start. The plot is intricate, the pace masterful, and despite a busy schedule, I was compelled to make time for The Lazarus Succession.
Comparisons with mega-sellers aside, this is a superb piece of work. Our two protagonists, Brodie Ladro and Ulla Stewart are ne'er-do-wells, using their talents and knowledge to steal a living. I prefer an anti-hero to a clean-cut saint, so this was no problem for me. And for those with more exacting standards, the mission undertaken by the partners-in-crime eventually becomes a charitable one. The villain of the piece, the delightfully Machiavellian Throgmorten, is a classic bad guy, and by the end of the book, I was desperate for him to come unstuck.
The final twist is inspired, too; I won't spoil anyone's enjoyment, but the supernatural elements, and their effect on the characters, are pure genius. Even an old cynic like me was entranced. The addition of a little historical flavour, in the shape of frequent glances into a beautifully depicted medieval Spain, gives the novel context, and a timeless magic I found addictive.
This is polished fiction of the highest calibre, and I'm more than happy to award 5 stars.
Most recent customer reviews
Great story and couldn't put this book down until I finished it.
Would make a great movie.
Full 5* Star Read
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Supernatural
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Christian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Biblical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Mystery & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies & Reference > Antiquities & Archaeology