Lazer BOB (Baby on Board) Helmet
|Price:||$23.38 - $43.00|
- Comfit3 retention system
- Flat back rests easily against back wall of trailer
- Special padding to keep chin cool and comfortable; total of 6 vents throughout
- Super soft fit pads are easy to remove and clean
- Straps with reflective material for extra visibility
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The adjustments in the back are a little different and not so bulky as the Giro Me2. They do take a little getting used to, but I think I like these better, since there is no dial adding extra bulk and forcing her head forward when in the trailer. There is plenty of room for growth though, and the adjustment also doesn't look like it will be catching long hair when she gets older either. The mold for the helmet seems to come down on the back of the head and offer a little more protection, too.
I also like that there is a nice big strip of reflective tape going all the way around the helmet,for when she is older of course. The only thing I would change, is there is no chin protection on the buckle. I also have side by side comparison pictures of the helmets on my profile page.
Small (Fits about 45-51 cm)
Adjustable (we also have the Bell Sprout helmet which is just stretchy in the back, not adjustable like this one is)
straps seem well made
Good quality (isn't cheaply made just because it's an infant helmet. It's just like an adult helmet, only smaller)
This helmet is advertised as having a flat back so the child can rest their head against the back of a seat in a trailer, etc., however, the back isn't really flat at all. Granted, it's not pointed and aerodynamic like an adult helmet, but it's still rounded.
All in all, for the price it's a good helmet for the smallest and youngest of infants.
1. The design I chose which is the one photographed was not the one sent. This is Amazon's problem, not the manufacturer's.
2. Sizing is totally off. This is definitely a manufacturer's issue. It states clearly in the description here and even on the label that it fits 46-52cm heads. Definitely does not fit. Why? The problem is that the helmet shell itself is smaller than the adjustable head strap. Yes, really? So even when it states that it cane size up to 52cm, the shell itself prevents the adjustment from getting that big. My daughter is only 17 months and has a head size in the 99%, so her head is huge for her age, but it's 48.9cm and according to the description, fitment should have been perfect. She's right smack in the middle of the range. Still didn't fit.
So if you want a super tiny helmet, go for it. Lots of people have loved that this is the smallest helmet they could find and are delighted with it.
HOW I CHOSE THIS ONE:
1. It comes from the oldest bicycle helmet company in the word. I suspect that makes they experts in having more time to develop and experience helmet design. They've got a good grasp on their customer's expectations and requests. They just dropped the ball on the sizing on this one.
2. Looked at Giro b/c that was my first helmet as a kid. I'm just familiar with the brand, but I heard that the Giro Me2 straps are attached by only tape and don't actually go through the helmet. If that's true, that's definitely a scary thing. Avoided that one.
3. Didn't want to go with the Schwinn and Bell manufacturers b/c they're just known to make cheap stuff.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This fit my 8 month olds head perfectly. Very easy to use and cute pattern. This will last her awhile! ThanksPublished 1 day ago by Alysha D. Martinez
very happy with the helmet good fit and baby girl like to wear it so thats a plus!Published 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
Fits nicely and is slightly flat on the back to allow head to rest in a more normal positionPublished 10 days ago by stik
This helmet is perfect for my 8 month baby girl. She rides in a bike trailer and loves it and this helmet keeps her safe. She doesn't seem to mind wearing it either.Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
helmet great value and quality and fits my one year old granddaughter perfectly. would recommend.Published 12 days ago by Mary N.
My daughter of 19 mos doesnt seem to mind it. It fits great and is light enough to not bother my daughter. Great helmet!!!Published 12 days ago by Amazon Customer
Fits my 11 month old perfectly. There are pads included to make it more snug if needed. It is easy to adjust also. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Ashleigh