Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 8, 2016
Worked ok. As with all kids helmets that supposedly are "flatter in back for a trailer" this one still tipped her head forward. The adjustment in the back works but just barely well enough. When she got older - about 20 mo - she could et the helmet off very easily no matter how sniffly the chin strap was adjusted. I blame the adjuster in the back, it does not scoop low enough around the bulge in the back of the head. We have now ordered the Giro Scamp with MIPS technology. The reviews say the dial adjuster in the back is better. We will see.
on June 4, 2014
We got this for our baby when he turned 1 year old to start taking him on the bike. I think all kids react differently to helmets, but this one seems pretty comfortable for our kiddo, and he doesn't seem to mind.

The snap closure of chin strap could be better, I typically hold a finger between the buckle and his chin (which he resists cause it tickles him) when fastening it so I don't pinch him. Some more expensive helmets have a magnetic closure or a bigger opening to the buckle to avoid pinching, but so far we haven't had a problem. The adjustment in the back is also ok, not the greatest but not the worst, fairly easy to tighten down.

One key a helmet for babies/small kids is that it doesn't stick out too far in the back... a little bit but all helmets will. This one is pretty decent in that regard. The issue is that if it is too bulky in the back, it can push their head forward when they sit back against the seat. One solution is to put a folded blanket or towel behind their back (extending up their whole back from the seat bottom up to shoulders), pushing their bottom forward just a bit on the seat so that there's room for the helmet between head and seat back (just make sure the harness is still snug and secure). We use both a Topeak bike seat and a Chariot trailer and he has enjoyed riding in both, wearing this helmet.
on September 17, 2016
After measuring my sons head and ordering the correct size helmet it didn't fit. The helmet also had a strange chemical smell that I tried to get rid of by airing it out for a few days but it didn't go away. The padding that comes with the helmet was too think and my son hated wearing the helmet.
on December 12, 2016
Bought this for our 18month old, and though we went by the sizing guide it sits on the top of her head, not surrounding any part of her head, so I don't feel like it's very safe. We took all the padding out, and it will won't fit, so it sits unused in the garage. We're really sad, we really looked forward to using this helmet.
on July 29, 2017
Very nice but the inner band around head is adjustable, which is great, but can't make any larger and baby is only 13 mos and I thought he'd be able to use it longer. Needs to adjust bigger still, it very cute and easy on and off buckle.
review image
on October 11, 2017
Daddy bought me this helmet and while it fits my head better then the others he got before, I still throw it on the ground. Maybe next year I'll stop doing that so he can take me cycling!
on July 3, 2017
The back strap was not functional, it did not stay latched which rendered the helmet unwearable for our baby. Unfortunately I didn't read the return policy which was so picky that it wasn't worth the money to return. You had to have all the original packaging and pay for shipping as well as a restocking fee even when their product was defective. After the penalty and the shipping the money we would get back wasn't even worth the hassle of returning it.
on September 19, 2017
perfect helmet. Didn't require him to lean forward in his seat at all either - other helmets are too bulky. also, he has a big head and this adjustable one is perfect. love it!
on April 21, 2017
I measured my kid's head over and over again, and yet it came and was far too small. Shame since I was really excited to take him out with this on our bike trailer.
on June 2, 2017
Loved the fit of the helmet for our almost 1 year old, however the plastic adjuster in the back was broken so it was returned.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.