Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 167 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on February 12, 2014
I purchased this battery case, and like many reviewers pointed out... no electrical connection.

The reason it fails is because the battery case width (AAA's end to end) is a tiny fraction too small for the batteries when inserted. They tend to 'pop' out of their slots just a little bit, and thus no electrical circuit completed. Just closing the case top on them does not push them into the full seating required. This tends to be centralized on the 'middle' batteries of the group. I can only assume this is the general reason for the product not working... perhaps they designed the case based on a different battery manufacturer that has slightly short battery nibs... I don't know. (I always use Duracell alkaline batteries)

Insert your batteries inside the case shell, and take a small piece of 20-lb paper (common printer paper) which needs to be cut in a short rectangle with the edges just covering the footprint of the battery group installed. Place it over the batteries in such a manner that the paper edges do not interfere with the case back being installed. Slowly close the back up and you should be good to go.

The paper insert gives just enough fill to keep the batteries down allowing continued contact with the metal fingers of the case.

Battery pack now works.
on October 30, 2013
I am at a loss to explain some of the negative reviews on this product. I bought two to go with the UV-5R+ radios I bought and was quite impressed with the construction and fit. They are better quality than the similar packs I bought to go with my Icom W-32A radios at a third the price. The fit initially was pretty tight but after inserting it 5 or 6 times, it fit just like the factory Lithium battery. I have the radios for very occasional use and was concerned that the Lithium batterys may not be available in a couple years rendering the radios useless. This solves that problem as AAA batteries will be around when I am gone. I am going to order another two today to go with the other two UV-5R+ radios I just ordered.
on April 12, 2014
I bought this item for those times I'm camping or backpacking, and it would have been easier to pack an item like this than the lithium ion standard battery that comes with the radio. (No places to charge batteries in the wilderness, folks) But, now let's get down to basics. The battery pack will fit into the grooves of the radio and slide in but will not go far enough to catch the lock at the top of the radio. I've tried on several occasions using various techniques, but either you have to lift the bottom of the battery case, and it clicks in up top, but the bottom clips will not go in. I stopped after a while for fear of damaging the battery locking mechanism with this contraption. I should have read the other comments before buying this, because it seems like others are having similar problems with this product. I offered to return it, but after some thought, I realized the shipping would probably cost more than the product. So, I'm going to see if I can do some modifying to make this abomination fit on my radio, and if not, c'est la vie!
But, I've learned my lesson. Read the comments first. If you just have 20 percent 1's and 2's, you'd better think twice before plunking your money down.
on April 8, 2017
6 AAA NiMh batteries do well in this case, but sides may bulge out a little. DO NOT put 6 AAA alkaline batteries in this case as it will overvoltage the radio - ruining it. Bridge the last battery spot with wire or fake battery if using Alkaline batteries.
on December 31, 2013
Received it with only half of the internals to connect the battery. Only 4 out of the 6 batteries make a connection leaving the middle two to fall out and/or rattle around.

This item does not work!!!!!!
on February 8, 2014
The curved tabs that fit under the radio housing are shaped slightly differently than the stock Li-ion battery pack which makes it nearly impossible to attach, and it's a major PITA to open.
on August 9, 2014
DOA on arrival. 6 new AAA's properly inserted showed no effect whatsoever. The LCD display did not react at all. Checked each battery with a meter. All show good. Great idea but that's all it is. The mfg went through a lot of trouble getting it to fit. He may as well have saved his time. No battery, AAA battery pack, no difference.
on January 22, 2014
This product needs some refining. The "AAA" batteries do not fit nicely in there slots .The battery pack will not properly couple up to the UV-5R radio and make electrical contact . I should of bought a BaoFeng BL-5 Two Way Radio Battery pack instead.
on October 9, 2015
Just know you will NOT be able to transmit with this unless you put a "dud" battery in this. With all new battery's, it has too much power going to it and will keep you from transmitting to keep from frying the radio. However still a great thing to have when out in the field if your original battery died off on you.
on May 29, 2015
Batteries drop right in and was able to get a friends radio back up and going for the rest of the weekend.