Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 12, 2014
I purchased this battery case, and like many reviewers pointed out... no electrical connection.

The reason it fails is because the battery case width (AAA's end to end) is a tiny fraction too small for the batteries when inserted. They tend to 'pop' out of their slots just a little bit, and thus no electrical circuit completed. Just closing the case top on them does not push them into the full seating required. This tends to be centralized on the 'middle' batteries of the group. I can only assume this is the general reason for the product not working... perhaps they designed the case based on a different battery manufacturer that has slightly short battery nibs... I don't know. (I always use Duracell alkaline batteries)

Insert your batteries inside the case shell, and take a small piece of 20-lb paper (common printer paper) which needs to be cut in a short rectangle with the edges just covering the footprint of the battery group installed. Place it over the batteries in such a manner that the paper edges do not interfere with the case back being installed. Slowly close the back up and you should be good to go.

The paper insert gives just enough fill to keep the batteries down allowing continued contact with the metal fingers of the case.

Battery pack now works.
22 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 30, 2013
I am at a loss to explain some of the negative reviews on this product. I bought two to go with the UV-5R+ radios I bought and was quite impressed with the construction and fit. They are better quality than the similar packs I bought to go with my Icom W-32A radios at a third the price. The fit initially was pretty tight but after inserting it 5 or 6 times, it fit just like the factory Lithium battery. I have the radios for very occasional use and was concerned that the Lithium batterys may not be available in a couple years rendering the radios useless. This solves that problem as AAA batteries will be around when I am gone. I am going to order another two today to go with the other two UV-5R+ radios I just ordered.
22 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 8, 2017
6 AAA NiMh batteries do well in this case, but sides may bulge out a little. DO NOT put 6 AAA alkaline batteries in this case as it will overvoltage the radio - ruining it. Bridge the last battery spot with wire or fake battery if using Alkaline batteries.
on April 12, 2014
I bought this item for those times I'm camping or backpacking, and it would have been easier to pack an item like this than the lithium ion standard battery that comes with the radio. (No places to charge batteries in the wilderness, folks) But, now let's get down to basics. The battery pack will fit into the grooves of the radio and slide in but will not go far enough to catch the lock at the top of the radio. I've tried on several occasions using various techniques, but either you have to lift the bottom of the battery case, and it clicks in up top, but the bottom clips will not go in. I stopped after a while for fear of damaging the battery locking mechanism with this contraption. I should have read the other comments before buying this, because it seems like others are having similar problems with this product. I offered to return it, but after some thought, I realized the shipping would probably cost more than the product. So, I'm going to see if I can do some modifying to make this abomination fit on my radio, and if not, c'est la vie!
But, I've learned my lesson. Read the comments first. If you just have 20 percent 1's and 2's, you'd better think twice before plunking your money down.
on February 22, 2014
product is so poorly made that the battery terminals did not even line up correctly, there were multiple battery terminals that were + + and - -, it was not even able to be fixed because the primary terminal points that connect to the radio were soldered REVERSED! it is a waste of time to even read reviews beyond the 1 star reviews on this product let alone considering getting one - like others say your best bet is to go with the li-ion after market batteries, they will save you time, money, headaches and potentially your hardware
on June 18, 2014
Batteries wouldn't touch the positive contacts so I trimmed the plastic coating at the positive side of each AAA battery.....still wouldn't QUITE touch without a slight squeeze on the case, so I added a cut-out piece of thin cardboard (from a cigar pack) and laid it on the batteries before putting on the cover. That kept the batteries tight and straight, and now the battery pack works perfectly. Great back up power for camping trip or long day at Six Flags, whatever. If I hadn't needed to modify it I would have given 5-STARS but I'm still buying another one~~!!
on October 9, 2015
Just know you will NOT be able to transmit with this unless you put a "dud" battery in this. With all new battery's, it has too much power going to it and will keep you from transmitting to keep from frying the radio. However still a great thing to have when out in the field if your original battery died off on you.
on May 20, 2014
Lb-75n Two-way Radio Battery Case for Baofeng Uv-5r. And also for Tyt F8 F9, Vitai Vt-uv3 Vt-uv9r Two Way Radios.

Works great on my Baofeng UV-5R Radios. Allows use of regular or rechargeable AAA's in place of the single rechargeable battery that comes with the Radios.
Case is solid but the contacts are a little tinny, but this adapter is great for emergency backup. Like where you do not have access to recharge the OEM battery - you can throw in some regular AAA's into the adapter and get full use of the radios.
on December 14, 2014
This is a very useful addition to your Baofeng kit.
The one thing I do wish they would do is install a plate between the AAs and the actual radio.
The batteries have a tendency to want to pop out when it's not attached to the radio. (As well as when you're trying to attach it.) But once it's attached it works well.
You can't beat the ability to use AA batteries for your emergency radio though.
on July 13, 2015
You get what you pay form. Not expensive and certainly carries over to the overall finish product. In fact I had to take a flat head screw driver and press the aluminum plate to get the battery to fit into the case. Once the modification was done it worked like a champ!