Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 201 reviews
on June 26, 2013
A compact, easy to use travel alarm -- well designed, and just what I was looking for. The only oddity (for me) is that the screen flashes red when the alarm goes off-- maybe so you can find it in the dark across the hotel room. The alarm initially goes off with a series of 8 double beeps (beep-beep, beep-beep...)then on the 9th, it changes to a more insistent triple beep series (beep-beep-beep, etc). The measurements are as follows:
W- 2 3/8" H- 3 3/8" Depth when closed for travel- 3/4"
Display W- 1 3/4" H- 3/4".
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2013
Wonderful little portable alarm with a healthy 'wake up' sound ... can recommend without any reservation. Ordered two of these as they are very reasonably priced.
on January 19, 2015
good little travel clock, although I use mine at home. Love the fact that it stays 'dark' all night; if you want to see the time, you have to push a button. VERY simple to program, although the buttons are a bit small, and the "functions" are hard to read because it's raised black lettering on black background. Alarm is decent, but has no volume control (that I know of) and may not wake a heavy sleeper. Battery operated, saves electricity. Have had it one month, so far, so good.
on June 2, 2014
I was tired of using my cell phone as my alarm clock due to reliability. This clock works well and wakes me up every morning.

One feature that i really like is the ability to verify that the alarm is set and ready to wake you the night before. When the alarm is set and in the alarm position on the switch, when you press the min and hour buttons at the same time, the alarm with sound, flash the screen read and display the time it will go off in the morning. This puts my mind at ease as i sometime mis-set my alarm or don't turn it on properly.

The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the viewing angle of the display. When you are below the clock, the numbers become less visible. The further up you look at the screen, the crisper and easier to read the numbers are. This is a big flaw for anyone whose nightstand is higher than the level of their bed.

Other than the viewing angle, the alarm clock is great. I will continue to use it till it no longer works... and may buy another at that point. Great alternative to using the alarm on your phone.
on October 4, 2016
After only 10 months, the glow light button on this clock no longer works. That means I have to turn on the light to check the time in the dark, which defeats one of the main qualities of this clock. This is not a battery issue, as I tried to make it work with a fresh set of batteries. That is the primary reason for only one star - my last alarm clock's glow function lasted for over fifteen years.
Another issue is the 4 minute snooze. 4 minutes is far too short, and I just feel like the alarm is constantly going off. Also, the glaring red screen during the alarm is angry and alarming (har har), and not a pleasant way to wake up. After trying to like this alarm clock for the last 10 months, I've just decided it's awful and I'm going to have to hunt for a new one.
on April 28, 2014
I spent far too much time looking for a replacement for my old Remington travel alarm, being passed from one seller to another, eventually selecting this product. The biggest shock is the blue light. It will nearly put your eyes out in the dark. In addition, it is not all that easy to use. I continue to be amazed by the vast variety of lousy travel alarm clocks available. You can burn up a day looking through all the difficult-to-use digital wizz-bang gizmos with horrid alarm sounds and dim lights. I am still looking, since this thing is a disappointment.
on July 6, 2013
This little alarm clock is easy and intuitive to set and has a nice loud beep, loud enough to really wake you up. Excellent product at an excellent price.
on April 10, 2014
My old Radio Shack travel alarm clock finally gave up the ghost after nearly 18 years of hard use. As a replacement, this new Elgin alarm clock is far easier to read and much easier to set. I love how the display lights up red when the alarm goes off. The slider switch used to set the time and alarm and to turn the alarm on and off might be the first component to wear out, but we'll just have to wait and see how this clock holds up through the years. For now, I'm very happy with this purchase. I plan to buy at least one more as a gift.
on September 8, 2015
Daylight readable from across the room, and the soft light comes on for a couple of seconds when you push the button for night-time reading. Alarm is loud enough for me. Easy to set the time and alarm. If something happens to this one I'll replace it with the same model.
on February 24, 2014
I have ordered 2 of this Elgin Travel Alarm Clock last year (one perhaps earlier this year). Both worked fine. While the alarm sound is not too loud but is enough so long as there is a backup or a wake up call. It also has nice warranty too! So, I recently have placed an order for a third unit for my wife. The first one arrived with the hinge stuck, which means the clock cannot be collapsed for travel. So, I returned it to Amazon.com. The replacement unit was electronically defective, after setting up the time, the clock advances for about 1 or 2 minutes and it stopped. Tried it again with a fresh battery. Same problem was noted. Apparently, there is no quality control in China whatsoever. It should be okay for me to say this, because I was born in China! It is a shame that the quality has gone down hill quickly with its initial successful introduction of this product.