Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2011
I purchased this product in Kiwi to complement my 7 qt Dutch Oven pot. I've had it for about two weeks and it has quickly become my everyday, go-to pan. It is wonderful for browning meat and is better than my non-stick skillets for creating sauces with the browned meat bits. It's also wonderful for recipes that say to use an ovenproof skillet. I can fit four regular sized chicken breasts or two large steaks in the pan at one time. If you are weary about the kiwi color, it is definitely more of a lime green than the yellowish-green that online pictures show. It looks great on the stove with my sage-colored kitchen walls.
on August 10, 2008
THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE KITCHEN PAN.
~It is used for so many meals, from cooking eggs, sauces, roasting pan for meats, cooking down greens, heating tortillas, etc. We use it almost daily, as it seems to be the perfect size for most of our meals.
~I have used it for just over one year and it still look awesome. It cleans super easy.
~It is a bit heavy, so if you have a far amount of weakness in your hands or arms, you may not appreciate it as much.
~Heats excellently on my induction stove top.
~Guests have said they really love the kiwi color.
on October 26, 2009
I've had my Le Creuset (Kiwi) Buffet casserole for a year now and really enjoy cooking with it. No matter what I've cooked, the casserole washes up nice. For stubborn stains, I use baking soda.

I get compliments on the colour of the cookware (I have a skillet and precision pour in kiwi also)all the time.

This is cookware that I'll be able to pass on to my kids!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2007
Le Creuset cast-iron products really conduct the heat and are great products to have in the kitchen. One drawback, they can be somewhat difficult to clean. If you sear meat or fry, burnt remnants cannot be removed. Overnight soaking will help but you cannot use soft scrub or hard scrubbers on the enamel. The product still functions well, it just has discoloration from food stains while cooking. However, we would buy it again.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 24, 2011
This was the first Le Creuset item I owned. While my collection has grown to include a french oven, skillet, and grill pan, this buffet casserole remains the most used. It is perfect for one-pot meals (rice pilafs, quinoa and beans, etc), roasted veggies, and any small to mid-sized recipe requiring a transition from stove top to oven (pasta bakes, etc). It also goes from being cookware to a serving dish gorgeously.

Having used this for over 5 years, some careless moments have left a few small patches of discoloration on the cream enamel inside. However, it doesn't impede the cooking process or results at all. I use only silicone and bamboo tools when using my Le Creuset to preserve the integrity of the enamel.

I would highly recommend the buffet casserole to anyone looking to try Le Creuset for the first time. It's a very versatile size, and will give a great introduction to cooking with enameled cast iron.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question