Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on February 27, 2014
This is my second Le Creuset grill. I love the color, and it works beautifully at searing meat, fish, and veggies. I find, unlike other reviewers, that it cleans up very easily. I add soapy water to it, use a vegetable brush to clean it gently, and then rinse. I usually rub some oil on the items I am cooking, but if the grill is hot before you add your ingredients and you let them sizzle for a while before turning, there is no sticking.
on February 29, 2016
Love it! I heat it up in a 400F oven, then carefully move to the stove top, grill my chicken breast (or pork chop, steak, fish, whatever) on one side, flip it and move back to the oven. The food turns out beautifully. The only drawback is that this pan is HEAVY and I have to use two hands to move it safely.
on February 5, 2011
I recently purchased this cast iron skillet for the amazing sale price of under $60 (thank you Amazon!). It had been on my wish list for well over a year, and I was thrilled to see it listed at such a great price. I have been very happy with it's performance thus far.

This is my fourth piece of Le Creuset cast iron cookware. All of my other pieces are in the Kiwi colorway, and I have been eager to start adding some of the new Cassis colorway to my collecting. Cassis does not disappoint. The colored enamel is deep, rich, and truly stunning.

I found that grilling with this pan did take some practice. My first few attempts ended with lots of food stuck to the grill. A huge part of that was because I didn't use enough oil in the beginning. After liberally applying oil, heating, then oiling again before adding the food, I avoided a lot of sticking issues. Now that I have some base oils on the pan, I need to apply less oil during each cooking application. Also, I found myself repeating a common cast iron cooking error - I was trying to flip the food before it was ready. Once the food had time to create a nice brown color, it released easily. Let your food guide your timing, and don't rush it!

I can finally enjoy grilled food in my apartment. This pan has greatly decreased my grill envy, and now that I've given myself time to learn how to maximize this grill's capabilities, I truly enjoy using it.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2016
Very sturdy. Love grilling shrimps, fish and burgers in this grill. I recently purchased lid to subdue amount of smoke and to make paninis.
on August 21, 2014
Beats cast iron for easy-cleanup (no seasoning needed to keep the non-stick). Nice, even heat distribution. And, of course, I love the purple color.
on September 12, 2013
Le Creuset makes some of the the BEST pans you can buy. We use this pan a few times a week. We love it for fish, shrimp, and for making perfect sea scallops.

We also own some of the other Le Creuset skillets. The weight and quality of all their pans makes them cook better and more evenly than you'd imagine.

This skillet cleans up easily. We tried a Lodge skillet prior to getting the Le Creuset skillet and there's no comparison.

My advice would be to spend the extra money and purchase Le Creuset - this is a definite case of you get what you pay for; and this pan should last the rest of your life, so in that light the cost is fairly inconsequential. You will love Le Creuset pans!

P.S. I don't own stock or work for the company, we just own a few of their pans and they truly are amazing.
on August 21, 2015
OK, I have not actually used this yet, but it is beautiful. No defects and I love the cassis color. One of these days I'll have company and actually cook in it.
on May 9, 2012
Yes...seven LeCreuset vessels are in my collection, six in Cassis, and all mentioned in my :) will as I know LeCreuset will outlive me.

My other grill pan is a Spinach oval (not available in Cassis), a 2011 purchase, and my go-to pan in the warmer months as 1) I don't have the luxury of being able to grill outside and 2) don't want the oven heating up my place. My oval grill pan is used for chicken, veggies, grilled clams, and beef. Lately I've been grilling more veggies (celery and brussel sprouts along with mushrooms, asparagus, and bell peppers) that have crowded out the chicken, so I decided to purchase another grill pan.

This Cassis vessel is square and a little more expensive than the oval pan but 1) I just love the Cassis color and 2) the "taller" square pan will work better when grilling asparagus and Romaine lettuce.

No, I haven't used it yet; but I know it will not disappoint.

Even though the directions say it doesn't need to be "seasoned", I've learned that seasoning is actually better than not.

I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question