Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 31, 2014
This is now my go-to pan for cooking chicken, steak or pork. I sometimes use it for burgers, and I've used it for vegetables once or twice. It does a fantastic job, and I have to say in particular that my chicken has never come out better.

What's important to know is that getting good results from this pan requires the right technique: get the pan very hot on high heat without adding anything to it (the old test of dripping water on the pan and watching it "dance" or skitter on the surface to tell if it's hot works well), reduce the heat down to medium-high, then add a small amount of oil brushed on either the pan or the food, and finally add the food to the pan and don't move it until it's time to turn. This will get you very well-defined grill marks, great texture, and food that's cooked through while still being juicy and delicious.

Cleaning is a mild nuisance (getting between all the ridges takes about as much effort as you'd expect) but the coating of the pan is great. It does not damage easily, and it always cleans up nicely.

Compared to using a "real" grill outdoors with charcoal or gas... I still love to barbeque, and it does impart a certain something (especially with good charcoal). However, I barbeque once a month or less, and I use this pan twice a week. I think that speaks for itself.

Great pan, very happy I bought it, gives me the results I want, and looks fantastic.
19 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2016
This is the third pan we've bought from Le Creuset. They are great, very even cooking. My wife loves the color. Just about everything is perfect, except for the price. That's the only bad part. They are very expensive, but I believe they are worth it. I can't recommend them enough. We buy a new pan or pot from them about once a year, only because they're so expensive. Otherwise we'd have them all by now.
6 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2014
For the first time in my life I can actually make steaks! This grill is amazing and brought back memories of home where all the grilling was done on a very old cast iron. It is not hard to use or clean provided one is following the typical cast iron cookware recommendations. I have been using it a lot over the past 6 months and all I do is wipe well with a soft sponge and warm water and put it back on the stove at medium heat to make sure all water is well dried from its surface. I have lightly seasoned it a couple of times since I bought it, not because I really thought it needs it but just to be on the safe side. It is heavy, as expected of cast iron, and it does heat a lot (including the handle) so you need to be careful with it. It is a great grill and I highly recommend it.
3 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2013
Had the Le Creuset grill press, which I used on a griddle for cooking bacon. Wanted to make grilled cheese, but didn't like how it turned out on the griddle. This Le Creuset skillet grill pan allows for a crispy sandwich without burning. Dark grill lines are so appealing. Big enough to make four sandwiches if using normal-sized sandwich bread. Try chipotle gouda cheese with tomatoes, bacon, Monterey jack cheese & turkey, or avocado, bacon and swiss cheese!
7 people found this helpful
on August 29, 2016
I love it so far. I have only cooked burgers on it, but can't wait to try other types of meat/fish as well. It left beautiful grill marks on the lamb burgers, cooked them evenly, and didn't stick. Just make sure that with any Le Creuset pan, you follow the instructions to help keep it in great shape!
on December 14, 2015
Does not disappoint! Am so happy that LeCreuset offers this grill pan, I added it to my collection and am happy that it is cast iron! My salmon tastes and looks as if a 5-Star Michelin Chef cooked it!
on October 22, 2013
I bought this for my son and his girlfriend as a house warming present on their second rental because she loves all things Le Creusent and she is quite a great cook. They snapped a picture and sent it to me. They love it! Said it was packaged quite well and cooked beautifully, left wonderful grill marks. I also separately bought the splatter screen which I will be reviewing in a moment.
on December 14, 2016
I have collected Le Creuset pieces for years as they are the best skillets. This piece is just as fine.
It is the heaviest skillet that I have...not sure why, but it grills food beautifully.
One person found this helpful
on October 10, 2012
I've had this grill for almost 9 years and it's as good, if not better, than the day I got it. For a while we lived in an apartment that didn't let us grill on our patio so all our steaks, burgers and hotdogs were cooked on this. The first time we cooked hotdogs I was amazed they actually had a bit of a smokey flavor like you would get on the grill. This item isn't the easiest to clean up, but what grill items are, but thanks to Alton Brown it's much easier now. Put some salt down into the pan before you place the meat in the pan and the clean up is pretty easy.
13 people found this helpful
on May 15, 2010
I bought this grill pan for those times when one cannot grill on the barbecue outside due to adverse weather. We actually have a George Foreman grill which works really well but is larger than this pan and requires an electrical connection. This Le Creuset grill pan is quicker and easier to use with results that are at least as good. It is beautifully finished and, with nicely formed ridges on the bottom of the pan, distributes heat evenly. I'm very satisfied.
6 people found this helpful