Customer Reviews: Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/2-Quart 9-Inch Square Baking Dish, Cherry
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

Color: Cherry|Change

VINE VOICEon October 11, 2003
I own many items from the Le Creuset stoneware collection, and I must say that they are all of superb quality. This square pan is perfect for baking and serving my favorite side dishes and desserts. I have been impressed over and over again at how non-stick the surface of this bakeware is. Everything I have put into Le Creuset bakeware - brownies, casseroles, refried beans, etc. - has come clean with zero elbow grease. In fact, the dishwasher usually gets them sparkling clean without my help! I highly recommend this product as well as everything else from this line.
on September 4, 2008
I've owned this product for a number of years now. Not only does it distribute heat evenly it cleans up beautifully! They have this "magic coating" that I love! I use it for a lot of cooking like enchiladas but I still call it my "brownie pan"! You will never regret owning this pan! It works great and comes in colors that make you happy!
on December 22, 2011
I bought this pan for Thanksgiving for making a particular dessert recipe that required a 9-inch square pan. I read the reviews here and knew it might be too small (and it was), but I thought it was so pretty that I could use it for other things if not for the dessert dish. It really is a beautiful pan, but the one I received has a sort of pinkish tinge to the beige. I have other LeCreuset products, and none of them look quite like this.

It's still pretty, though, and heats up well for cooking.
on April 16, 2014
We like to cook in our house. When our last stoneware baking dish died, we were not happy. Good stoneware isn't cheap and cheap stoneware isn't good. Thankfully, Amazon helped us split the difference and we got a great baking dish at a very reasonable price.

You can tell you have a nice dish when the heat is evenly dispersed along the sides and bottoms. This dish performs flawlessly.

I cannot recommend it enough.
on August 12, 2010
Even though this pan is sold as 9" square, it actually holds only as much as an 8"x8" square pan due to the thick sides and slanted edges. Your recipes calling for a 9"x9" pan won't turn out. That extra inch all the way around makes a big difference in baking.
on February 28, 2011
I have had Pampered Chef stoneware for a long time. Well, I accidentally broke my 9", and decided to try this one. I love that I can put it in the dishwasher and seems to clean up so much better than my PC one did.
on December 20, 2013
I love this stuff! I have five Le Creuset Stoneware baking dishes. They bake evenly, are a cinch to clean (if you slather them with Pam). If something sticks, a quick overnight soak and they almost clean themselves. Clean with Dawn and it is just a no-brainer. The only drawback is they are heavy. Ergo, my 83 year old mother has basically banned me from taking them down to her house and leaving them for her to use!
on December 7, 2011
I love this dish. I love LeCreuset. I use this dish for just about everything from casseroles to baker. (I bought a Fennel one for myself, and a red one and a blue one as gifts.)
IT IS PRETTY: Goes from Microwave or Oven straight to the table. Looks beautiful for serving.
DO NOT USE ON STOVETOP: This piece was made to be Microwave, Oven, and Freezer safe. DO NO use on your stovetop, it WILL crack or break!
IT HEATS EVENLY: When I initially purchased LeCreuset Baking Pans of any type (though this one was the first I bought and used for baking), I thought that because the product was so nice and heavy and runs a bit small so the content is denser, that it would take longer for things to bake in it. Not so. Baking times given on any package I have used (yes I cheat and use boxed baking mixes) are "right on." If I am baking from scratch, those times are correct also. I love to make casseroles in this and that is why I originally purchased it. But then I saw it could also be used for baking. Now this dish gets a double work out at my home. My family is not large so small mixes work for me. I really like the following brand: Dassant Cinnamon Chip Bread Mix, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)If you have not tried this mix, give yourself a treat. It is bread that tastes like cake.
EASILY FREES CAKE WHEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN: If you use this item for baking a cake or a layer thereof, you will find that it comes out easily after it is cooled.
CLEANS UP LIKE A DREAM: DISHWASHER SAFE:In my opinion, the art of cooking is a great thing. I love to cook. And, then I love to eat what has been cooked. But then comes the drudgery. What has been cooked in, then must be cleaned up. At my house there are no little elves and fairies who do this, so I have been forced to cope on my own. As soon as I begin running water in this pan, whether it has sat for days, or has just been used, the baked on material starts to wash away. Then, I am able to get most of the rest off by just swishing water around with my hand. The only thing I ever take a dishcloth, or thumbnail to, is the stuff that gets baked onto the handles or on the bottom. That easily chips off also. I have to confess that most often, it is the thumb nail manuever that removes these unwanted baked on drips.
HEATS TO BAKING TEMP QUICKLY. and NO NEED TO BUTTER THE SIDES: Frequently I stick the pan in the Micro to heat it more quickly. Usually, I get it warm by putting it in the microwave with a pat of butter in the bottom. Then I add whatever I am cooking and pop it in the oven. I do not have to wipe the butter along the sides to get them greasy, even if they need coating by a non-sticky subsance. The pan butters itself as the butter rises up when contents are poured into it. Just start pouring in the middle of the pan and the butter (or other grease) slides away from the contents and covers the sides as well as the bottom of the pan.
IT LED ME TO BUY OTHER LECREUSET PRODUCTS: This was the first cooking dish I ever purchased from LeCreuset, but it was certainly not the last. One day, I decided I really wanted some decent pans in my house and I decided to get LeCreuset as I had never had a cooking failure in this pan. The next thing I got was the Rectanular baker. It came with a bonus pan. I discovered that when I made cakes from scratch, I always added too much of this and that and had batter left over. The small pan was a life saver for that extra. Then I always had a small cake to give to a friend or neighbor.Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker, Cherry Red
After I was certain that those two things worked as well as the small pan, I furnished my kitchen baking corner with many LeCreuset items.Le Creuset Stoneware 14-Inch Oval Baking Dish, Cherry RedLe Creuset Stoneware Deep-Dish Loaf Pan, RedLe Creuset Stoneware 3-Quart 9-Inch Covered Square Casserole, Caribbean All of them have done as well as the little 9inch pan I first bought Just Because It was Pretty and I was tired of stuff in the kitchen that was purely functional.
THEY ALSO MAKE COVERED PANS: So you can take a beautul covered dish to the next potluck.
THEY MAKE GREAT GIFTS: I gave two of these to girlfriends, one in red and one in blue. They both have told me they love them and I see them in use when I am at their homes.
So, I highly recommend this dish to you. I quickly found that it was the most used baking dish in my home. I suggest you give it as a gift. Sometimes it is difficult to think of what to give__________. If they cook, this will answer your question supurbly. The person to whom you give it will think you are quite smart for having picked such a pretty and functional item.
THEY MAKE BEAUTIFUL, EYE-CATCHING, SQUARE CAKES: I have only one of this size right now, and after writing this, am going to order another. As I mentioned earlier, I use Dassant mixes frequently
when I make cakes. But one mix only makes one layer. So, with two pans, I can make two layers at the same time instead of making one layer, then making the next one. Square cakes seem to make quite an impression on people. Seems like you have gone to a lot of trouble. They are different and eye catching, so for fun, make someone a square cake!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 16, 2013
I'm slowly replacing my glass bakeware with stoneware for it's versatility and resistance to breakage. Whenever I find a great deal on a piece of Le Creuset or Emile Henry, I snap it up. This one is my default baking dish. It's perfect for my small family. We use it almost weekly for manicotti, enchiladas, cornbread, etc... If it gets baked, in my house it usually gets baked in this dish. I especially appreciate that it can go under the broiler.

For baked goods like cakes and quick breads, I spray it with a little oil first. Nothing sticks. For casseroles, I don't do anything to it, and still, nothing sticks.

It cleans as easily as my old glass bakeware did. I let it soak for a while, then wipe it out. I haven't had to scrub anything, even when cheese was burned onto the enamel under the broiler. It all comes off easily. If you're scrubbing yours, you're doing it wrong. Fill it with soapy water and Step. Away. From. The. Sink. Again, soaking is key, but do not immerse it in the sink.

Need another reason to buy one? Look at it. Now picture yourself presenting a casserole baked in this pan to your dinner guests. Now picture a plain old glass pan. See? This is much prettier. A frilly apron is a nice touch, too.
on June 27, 2013
Le Creuset is always great which is why I purchased this. It holds up and always looks good. Cooks evenly. Easy to wash. I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars because I would have liked it higher on the sides. I knew that, though, when I bought it. Still, that's why I don't love it.

See 1 answered question