Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 14, 2016
The jury is still out on this thermometer. Using it to cast lead, it seems to register higher than what experience has led me to believe is the temperature range in which I am working. For instance, with my furnace turned down to the point where I am having trouble keeping the tin from separating, it is measuring about 800 degrees F. Admittedly, I need another known good thermometer with which to compare it or at least a method to calibrate it (not in the instructions). I would recommend that Rotometals include a suggestion for check the accuracy of the instrument.
on June 27, 2010
I did my homework before purchasing this particular thermometer checking reviews just like these from a multitude of various sources . I wanted to know how the USERS of this product felt and not the SELLERS . I am very pleased with this product . I cast lead into a variety of different moulds using different alloys which can be temperature sensitive so as to achieve good quality casts. This product fit the bill perfectly for me and it should for you too .
on June 24, 2015
Works well for its e\intent of keeping my lead at the right temp. Nice long neck for the deep pots and does fog up like I thought it would.
For the cost I would of gave it a five star if it would of came with a stem clamp to hold it in place.
on December 31, 2013
I don't know how accurate this thing really is. According to this my lead/tin alloy melts at 600F. Another thing. Watch out for the seller's description. This is not RCBS. Unfortunately I didn't read the description too carefully and thought I was buying an RCBS which is the same price.
on January 31, 2017
great item, a must have for bullet casting
on September 16, 2016
As advertised-excellent for the hand caster.
on March 28, 2014
better made than the last one I bought from Amazon. Heavier metal and better dial and same price except for a few cents than the other. Rockin Rotometals....
on November 24, 2016
great
on May 15, 2015
Really helps me keep the pot temp consistent even when using an electric pot with thermostat.
on January 19, 2015
This thermometer is precisely what one needs to measure the temp of melted metal like lead alloys.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.