Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 702 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 817 reviews
on July 1, 2016
Being part of the organization that has a toxic culture, Simon has shown me why that is and what I can do to try and fix my little piece of it. If every officer in the military read this book, what a difference it would make.

It's been a while since I have read a book that inspired me or taught me this much! You will not regret getting this book.

Make sure to grab a pencil and takes notes as you read it because there is so much good information as well as practical steps that you will constantly want to go back and refer to them.
on March 31, 2016
This is an excellent book on how humans evolved to work well in teams, but leaders can and too often do, disrupt that tendency. He supports his thesis with wonderful anecdotes (he is a master story teller), but offers little actual data. Don't get me wrong, I happen to believe his message, but when I looked up Jack Welch's tenure at GE it didn't support Sinek's assessment. Like most historians, Sinek is clearly affected by his biases, but fortunately this is really only seen in a couple of his examples.

Overall Sinek's theory seems sound and consistent with my experiences.

I highly recommend you read this book, ponder the examples, and open your mind. I did and I'm smarter for it. I'm looking forward to his next book already.
on December 18, 2016
Leaders East Last resonated with my view of leadership. While I agreed with much of Sinek's recommendations for leadership, I found the book a bit repetitive eventually. In addition, while the military is a viable organisation to analyse, it's limited in its applicability to other organisations where, frankly, life and death decisions are rarely made. On the other hand, his analysis of American politics is both insightful, clairvoyant and depressing. Well worth a read for those interested in leadership that focuses on people. We used it for our book club for entry level managers and it elicited rich conversation.
on June 26, 2015
Too much fluff and very little substantive techniques. A book clearly written for the overly touchy-feely type who may lack the courage to have the difficult conversations or make hard choices required in business - especially in big business. I kept waiting for the book to go somewhere meaningful but instead the author chose to focus on Ronald Reagan's firing of the striking air traffic controllers and titans of industry who were really just thoughtless, greedy capitalist. It didn't take long to pick up that the authors political persuasion was influencing his writing.
on March 3, 2017
While a bit preachy at times, I gleaned a lot of good information. Worth a listen/read as it isn't long.

I liked the neuroscience best, I have to say. Why we thrive under certain conditions and wilt in others.
on September 4, 2016
If you liked "Start With Why", then you will love "Leaders Eat Last". Simon Sinek provides deep insights into the human condition and how we are wired to perform. He elevates people as the essential element of high-performing organizations and explains how the "Circle of Safety" enables talented teams to do their best work and sustain it over time. While leaders should eat last, it's worth their time to read this book first.
on August 20, 2015
Sinek’s Leaders Eat Last content changed me professionally and personally and has helped us redefine our organization’s approach to leadership. Check out his Leaders Eat Last talk on YouTube – really that’s all you need. The book is great, but for impact I’d recommend just watching the YouTube video.

The content talks about our biology as humans and the way it encourages social interactions. He relates this to how we interact in business and his examples are completely relatable for anyone who has worked in a publicly traded company. If you are willing to listen openly to the content, you can experience severe levels of introspection that can lead to real changes in your leadership behaviors.

I have read hundreds of leadership and management books and watched dozens of videos on the same topic. This is different. Look up the video. Watch it. Act.
on July 14, 2017
I often observe the world around me and wonder what is driving these events. This book reminds me of the biology and psychology of human nature that exists in every one. We have existed this long through cooperation and relationships which impact all aspects of our lives.
on August 23, 2016
Awesome. I already had bought the ebook but it resonated so much to I bought a hard copy for reference and to share. I have already recommended the book to friend and then even bought an additional copy for my amazing HR Manager. Start with Why is awesome too.
on August 7, 2016
Not as good as Start With Why. I expected this book to talk abit more about how groups communicate and the personalities of people within these groups. It did not. It talks a lot about leaders and different leadership styles for inspiring groups of people to follow. The book runs out of steam abit towards the end as it keeps going over the same ideas repeatedly. The concepts are thought provoking and the examples are relevant