Leadership Challenges for Servant Leaders - A Conversation with Author John Sullivan
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Aug 18, 2014)
A conversation with author John Sullivan, an authority on servant leadership and the leadership style of Jesus as applied in modern organizations.
This DVD was created to be an introduction to his book, Leadership Challenges for Servant Leaders, but includes much more.
Sullivan begins with a discussion of how he came to "discover" and apply servant leadership and lessons learned from his military background, traditional leadership theory and the quality movement. He then shows how Jesus' style of leadership, when applied in modern business, non-profits, government, church or the home, results in innovation, creativity and personal fulfillment for the leader as well as followers.
The DVD features nine segments addressing common leadership challenges and how to become a servant leader and make the personal and institutional changes to organizational culture including:
1. An introduction, Part 1: Why you should read this book
2. An introduction, Part 2: 7 Critical challenges all leaders face...and most don't do well!
3. Development of a servant leadership philosophy: lessons learned from military leadership, traditional theory, and quality management
4. Applying servant leadership: fundamental principles
5. Jesus as leader, Part 1: Guiding Principles as demonstrated by Jesus Christ
6. Jesus as leader, Part 2: First century quality management?
7. The challenge of humility: It's not about you!
8. Changing organizational culture: Leaving a lasting legacy
9. Attitude is the key: Change begins with the leader
Five bonus segments include:
1. My personal faith journey
2. Teaching servant leadership in Kenya
3. Case study: Leading in a crisis
4. Case study: Building trust
5. Level 5 Leadership
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|