- File Size: 322 KB
- Print Length: 106 pages
- Publication Date: August 29, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0041D8DKQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,717,993 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $4.96 (38%)
The Leadership Secrets of Squirrels Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Golden Nuggets from the book that may not have heard before: Never let a consultant's vision replace yours; Leaders are sensitive to changing conditions and readily embrace change, even when it means giving up "nests" that have served them well; Things that come easily must be examined as intensely as things that come hard; Seeking excellence in all things, whether from people or from business operations, is a fool's game; Success is just another form of change--embrace it, for it is a rare commodity; Being a leader does not mean being above a situation, but being in a situation; Lead in areas you know, let others lead in areas you don't know.
Len was the VP of Publishing for the American Diabetes Association for 13 years and while no challenge was too big for him, there were no tasks that were too small, either. Many times I saw him get on his hands and knees in exhibit booths and unpack and pack books from boxes with the rest of us (usually after he had just attended an upper management team meeting with the organization's top leadership). That was an approach to leadership that I'd never seen before, and I was one of many who embraced it and followed Len to a very successful publishing run at ADA. When I joined ADA in 1991 book sales were at $700,000 annually, but reached more than $7 million during its peak in the early 2000's and under Len's leadership. A testament to great leadership and stability that allowed a program and a cohesive team to thrive. I've also modeled my own leadership style after Len's and I couldn't have made a better choice. An alternative, genuine, fresh and intellectual approach to leadership that's energizing, fun, and effective. This little book is highly recommended as a grab-n-go electronic reference from a true and beloved professional.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Books > Business & Money > Processes & Infrastructure > Office Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Business Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Production & Operations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills > Office Management