Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.92 shipping
+ $4.92 shipping
Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life Paperback – March 1, 2001
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There is some cliche text in the book and some misspelling with bad grammar but if you pay attention to what is being said you can grow and learn from this book.
Coach K is not perfect but he strides for excellence and doesn't make excuses when he fails. He takes that failure as a learning experience and applies it to the next situation.
Overall I found the book enjoyable to read because I got to read some interesting player to coach stories. Also I learned some new techniques for being a leader, teacher and coach.
Here are a few highlights of my “favorites” from the book…
3 Favorite Quotes:
1. When you get better, we all get better
2. You hear, you forget. You see, you remember. You do, you understand.
3, It’s not what I know, it’s what you do that matters most.
5 Components of a Successful Team:
1. Communication (Ask for advice, conduct “huddles” with no BS)
2. Collective Responsibility (Foster the idea that we win and we lose together)
3. Trust (The team leader is the truth, he/she will tell you what you are doing right, and what you are screwing up)
4. Caring (As the team leader, spend time with each person on the team no matter what is competing for your attention)
5. Pride (Put your stamp on everything your team does)
3 Questions for a Team Leader to Ask:
1. How do you see our team? Our strengths? Our weaknesses?
2. Do you see any problems?
3. What do you think we need to work on?