|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $12.00 (71%)
Leap (Breakthrough Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 484 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Leap is an exciting sequel to Michael Grumley's Breakthrough. I was highly anticipating this sequel and was not disappointed. Leap continues the Breakthrough story line but it can easily be read as a stand alone novel. However, Breakthrough will give you some foundation that will deepen your understanding and give you a richer reading experience. I read Leap in one sitting, I could not put it down. This novel is full of leaps. Not small leaps but huge leaps in science and technology.
There is great quote in this book that made me think about our society: "'How well do you believe your people would handle a true leap in knowledge, given their current use of fission and fusion devices? How well would they manage frequencies that can heal as well as harm? Mr. Borger, ingenuity is the ultimate gift of humankind. And conquest is the ultimate curse. They cannot be separated. Not yet. Not until you face the gravest threat to your planet's existence. Until you face mortality as a species, not as individuals. Only then can you glimpse true wisdom.'" These leaps are not overly done and are very realistic. We are facing some of these issues today!
There is rich character development. He builds upon the relationships in the first novel. There are even leaps in those relationships. You will fall in love with the characters, especially the nonhuman ones. If Sally and Dirk won your heart in Breakthrough, you will totally fall in love with them in Leap! However, save some room in your heart for a couple more very special creatures. No, I am not going to tell you about them, no spoilers here. You must read the book. The book made me want more. The wonderful plot development and very fine tuned ending will make you think there just might be more coming!
For me the mark of a great story is that it will stimulate the mind and move the heart! Leap is that kind of story. The story had me thinking about the implication of such discoveries. It made me feel like I personally knew the characters. It elicited many emotions on many different levels.
Leap, along with Breakthrough, Amid the Shadows and Evan After, is a good indicator that Michael Grumley is quickly moving to the front of the line of great story tellers. He continues to give us great story lines, lovable characters and believable science. He weaves all this into a story that makes you think about the human condition. Read it, you'll be glad you did.
I found the several story lines that intersected at various points to be well written along with the human characters. The additional mammal characters of Sally, Dirk and Dolce were equally warm and endearing.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Military
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Sea Adventures
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers